Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry for the noob questions but if anyone can help answer that'd be great.

So first question is

1. Is it safe to run the car in R C R mode for regular driving?
2. Can you turn on and off the switches while the car is moving? Or does the car need to be completely stopped. Common sense is the car needs to be completely stopped but I want to know if it was safe to turn it on and off while the car is moving.
3. If you don't force launch while having R mode on does it mess up the transmission? I don't race or anything but like to have R mode as I get better response from it.

If anyone can help answer that'd be great!

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
1) yes the car can be driven in any mode, they are all safe
2) yea you can shift them on the fly, its all electronic, they are not mechanical switches like a 4x4 lever or something like that
3) dont understand that question, are you asking if not launching using lc will harm the car?? what year is it

·
R36 Member
796 Posts
1) yes the car can be driven in any mode, they are all safe
2) yea you can shift them on the fly, its all electronic, they are not mechanical switches like a 4x4 lever or something like that
3) dont understand that question, are you asking if not launching using lc will harm the car?? what year is it
Regarding #1 - you can use all modes, even VDC off. However, running with VDC off can void the warranty IF Nissan can prove whatever it was that you were doing with VDC off was harming the vehicle. I believe there was a ruling as well that said they cannot void the entire warranty, just the part(s) in question.
#2 - +1
#3 - in R mode, without launching you will not hurt the transmission. If you do, it's covered under warranty, given again that you weren't doing anything crazy. Nissan has a 'black box' on their GTR's that enables them to check on a ton of things that may have been harmful for your vehicle.

In summary, if you are responsible with your car - you will be covered and supported by Nissan.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts