Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure most of us are not a fan of Hondas, but I personally must admire their potential for the amount of money it takes for them to be competitive. I do admit the Honda scene is horrible, with most of them doing ricer fly by's and revving like a ricer everywhere they go. But something like this I have a great deal of respect for.

I'm not exactly sure what track this is, but it's definitely in Japan, and towards the end it looks like it starts snowing?! This guy definitely knows how to drive!

-Dayne

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
LOVE it! I still can't let go of my all motor EK. Nothing like rowing gears.

·
Vendor
3,068 Posts
Osaka JDM! Likely a b16, well set suspension and not much else. Be surprised if that car was making more than 190whp. I drive and track a civic too so I can't help but enjoy the video

High revving n/a engines are a thing of the past now. Nothing like hearing raw mechanical sound of bringing the engine to the 9 on the tach. Woot

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I know the feeling all too well

I had a High comp B18 that made power all the way up to 9 also.

Newer cars don't have that same raw feeling as 90s cars(my favorite era)!

-Dayne

Osaka JDM! Likely a b16, well set suspension and not much else. Be surprised if that car was making more than 190whp. I drive and track a civic too so I can't help but enjoy the video

High revving n/a engines are a thing of the past now. Nothing like hearing raw mechanical sound of bringing the engine to the 9 on the tach. Woot

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
I know the feeling all too well

I had a High comp B18 that made power all the way up to 9 also.

Newer cars don't have that same raw feeling as 90s cars(my favorite era)!

-Dayne
Don't forget B series trannies take a beating. Nothing like rowing gears!

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thats a pretty short FD, do you have stock LSD? Mine is Nitto NT01 225/205 reverse staggered with ITR rear swap bar to help it oversteer a bit. How does the square R888 Setup handle?

·
Vendor
3,068 Posts
Feel like this may become a Honda power thread on GTRLife lol.

4.7FD is definitely quite short for 15" wheels. It's stock on my 8th gen but we use 17" , some upgrade to a 5.1. Changing the FD helps tremendously with acceleration and revving quicker!

·
RED MONSTER
1,796 Posts
I used to hate on Hondas until I got one, then I just hated on the fanboys lol

Seriously, I was surprised at how willing the B16 engine I have on my CRX was, no torque at all but feels really racey and nice to drive. If you're racing in a car park or a small track Hondas are great. I couldn't decide which one I liked between between the CRX and the R32, it is that good.

I'm sure most of us are not a fan of Hondas, but I personally must admire their potential for the amount of money it takes for them to be competitive. I do admit the Honda scene is horrible, with most of them doing ricer fly by's and revving like a ricer everywhere they go. But something like this I have a great deal of respect for.

I'm not exactly sure what track this is, but it's definitely in Japan, and towards the end it looks like it starts snowing?! This guy definitely knows how to drive!

-Dayne
That track is in Japan (Okayama International Circuit).

The car is a Civic AH, completely gutted with a modified B16/B18 hybrid engine, Mugen parts and weighs just over a ton. It has beaten a lot of highly modified cars and is supported by a race team from Osaka.

Civic and driver did very well here but this was at the track so it doesn't matter what you bring it's how you bring it.

·
Vendor
3,068 Posts
I wasn't expecting to find fellow Honda Track drivers here

Rory, I had a stock 8th gen for a short time, but didn't get to track it before I sold it. What have you done to it so far? Do you go to track days with Christian?
I have not yet tracked with Kristian. With my car, kw/hyperco coilover setup, headwork, basically everything in between.

Baki,

That's a Car Craft Boon car no? Where did you pull the information? I'm a little more curious now.

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I have not yet tracked with Kristian. With my car, kw/hyperco coilover setup, headwork, basically everything in between.

Baki,

That's a Car Craft Boon car no? Where did you pull the information? I'm a little more curious now.
Your car looks really good Rory! I like the FD2 conversion alot! Are those Spoon calipers I see?

Baki, I am also curious, where did you get that info?

·
RED MONSTER
1,796 Posts

Baki,

I got the information from the video/youtube and yes it's Car Craft Boon's race car:

http://www.speedhunt...-jdm-shop-tour/

Nice "FD2" by the way :)

1 - 20 of 77 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.