Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have photos or is runnign this fitment? I'd like to consider doing some BBS LM's but need to know if I can squeeze 335s on the rear and 285s on the front - would love to see some photos on stock or BE wheels since fitment should be the same.

-Z

· Registered
1,041 Posts
People do it, I can't figure out why. Especially with the MPSS as they run wide. Imo for stock/stock sized wheels, a 295 is perfect, maybe 315 if you wanna go crazy. Jmo though.

· Registered
6,769 Posts
Does anyone have photos or is runnign this fitment? I'd like to consider doing some BBS LM's but need to know if I can squeeze 335s on the rear and 285s on the front - would love to see some photos on stock or BE wheels since fitment should be the same.

-Z
Using Michelin Pilot Super sport as an example:
335/30-20 fits 11.5-12.5" wide rims, perfect for 12" rims, weighs about 35 lbs and costs $568 each.

295/35-20 fits 10-11.5" wide rims, perfect for 10.5" rim, weighs about 30 lbs, and costs $408.25 each for the K1 Ferrari model

While it is possible to pinch wide tires on narrow rims it isn't going to give you a very good look as the sides of the treads have to conform to the narrow rim. From a performance standpoint, it isn't good for the tire and wasn't designed to be used with a rim so narrow. In addition the wide tire weighs and costs more.

For those that use a rear wheel which is 20x12" the 335/30-20 is a good tire size.

· Registered
3,713 Posts
Stock wheel MPSS 335 rear. Minimal bead compression

MPSS 335 run NARROW not wide. They are a full inch narrower than their size suggests

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Vehicle Tread

Attachments

· Registered
1,728 Posts
I'm running 295 and 335 on stock wheels only because I was waiting for my Advan GT's to come in while back ordered. No issues running them at all.

Attachments

· Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
They definitely run narrow not wide - That's why I was asking... I have been contemplating tradeing my ADV5.1RS 21" setup for some BBS LM's but I'd want to run 335 rears. hmmm...

· Registered
1,041 Posts
Every tire I've sat next to the MPSS was narrower. I ran them on my Evo X and they had more meat than any other tires I ran. Strange

· Registered
3,713 Posts
Every tire I've sat next to the MPSS was narrower. I ran them on my Evo X and they had more meat than any other tires I ran. Strange
We are specifically talking about 335/30/20 MPSS. yes, some of the other MPSS are known to be wider, It's not the case with these 335/30/20's. They are narrower.

· Registered
1,041 Posts
^ Ahhh. Gotchya

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.