Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Next month will be three years that I've owned my '09 GT-R, so I'll be needing to bring it in for the 36 month POS soon. Any considerations, things to ask the GT-R technician, things to have done? Since I won't be taking mine to the track anytime soon, I'm thinking it would be a good opportunity to set the alignment of the wheels so that they actually aren't set to factory settings, which is optimized for racing applications. Thanks,

·
Registered
5,598 Posts
Alignment is part of the 36 month. Ask for the "street" alignment.

If they'll give you the transmission temp log, that would be good.

Other than that, if they do the bank balance (routine) then you are all good.

Shawn

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Alignment is part of the 36 month. Ask for the "street" alignment.

If they'll give you the transmission temp log, that would be good.

Other than that, if they do the bank balance (routine) then you are all good.

Shawn
Thanks, I'll try to remember to ask about the transmission temperature log. What do you mean about, "...if they do the bank balance..."?

·
Registered
5,598 Posts
Thanks, I'll try to remember to ask about the transmission temperature log. What do you mean about, "...if they do the bank balance..."?
The "bank balance" is a routine part of some POS's. If it is skipped, or your dealer/tech has no idea what you're asking, then something is amiss.

The two intake banks of the VR3DETT, in order to remain at peak performance and reliability, requires that the volume of air and flow be close to balance.

There's a "balance tube" between the back of the cylinders that helps make that happen. The dealers can check the balance, and it needs to be within a certain spec to work well.

Starts at 3:34 of NickTO's video (THANK YOU Nicolas)

There's a set of procedures to use to balance them. I'm not aware of them, but apparently they're important.

shawn

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, Shawn!

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
I forgot, are all POS services free? Or just the first one?

·
Gojira driver
929 Posts
1600 km service, 12 mo, 24 mo and 36 mo POS are complimentary.

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Great, I'm gonna be in the dealership tomorrow getting that done!

·
You can sleep in your car, but you can't race
353 Posts
You're driving in edmonton already?! Ive been out of town for 3 weeks so Im not sure if the roads are clear.

·
Registered
914 Posts
Krea, I remember posting with you in November about how bad you thought the Canadian Winters are. How did you make out this winter? We here in NY had no winter at all!

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts