Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
3,285 Posts
the compressor is the same only difference is the turbine wheel which means the 35r will spool faster but not have the same top end as the 37r generally speaking. It shouldnt be a massive difference between the 2 unless you go with 3794 or so

· Registered
461 Posts
Depending on the backpressure of your setup and VE of your head/motor combo, having a larger turbine wheel will make you more top end as it increases cylinder scavenging in high rpms where backpressure is an issue. The 3076 vs 3576 made around 30+whp per turbo in top end from some of the testing I saw a couple years ago and almost no difference in spool. I would only assume the same to be said for the 3786 vs 3586. Spool won't be too much different and probably not even noticeable on the street. I would do it if it were my car. PTE, FP, and Garrett and now mix matching TW/CW as they are finding that you can get better cylinder scavenging with a larger turbine wheel on a maxed out compressor map while having near identical spooling characteristics between the two within reason. I'll probably run a 3579 on my build and they should make 1200whp and spool only slightly slower than a 30R but much faster than a 3586! Hope this helps.

· Registered
496 Posts
Depending on the backpressure of your setup and VE of your head/motor combo, having a larger turbine wheel will make you more top end as it increases cylinder scavenging in high rpms where backpressure is an issue. The 3076 vs 3576 made around 30+whp per turbo in top end from some of the testing I saw a couple years ago and almost no difference in spool. I would only assume the same to be said for the 3786 vs 3586. Spool won't be too much different and probably not even noticeable on the street. I would do it if it were my car. PTE, FP, and Garrett and now mix matching TW/CW as they are finding that you can get better cylinder scavenging with a larger turbine wheel on a maxed out compressor map while having near identical spooling characteristics between the two within reason. I'll probably run a 3579 on my build and they should make 1200whp and spool only slightly slower than a 30R but much faster than a 3586! Hope this helps.
I would use a 3582 in this scenario

· Registered
461 Posts
I've thought about the 3582, but if I can make 1200 on the 3579 that's what I'll do, and if I can't they are coming off. I think the 3582 is a waste, so if i had to go up, id jump right to the 3586 or 6062 gen2. The 5858 can make 1100+ and the 3579 on paper should make 50+ more hp. I expect a high compression 4.1 can make 1200 with the 3579. The plan is to build a T3 FF setup and do some back to back tests with turbos since it's way easier to swap turbos on a FF setup.

Sent from my SM-G900V using GT-R Life mobile app

· Registered
461 Posts
It is Force Performance's new XR65-64 (lbs per min - TW size). If Garrett made it, it would be labeled as a 3579 just for comparison purposes.

· Registered
461 Posts
Yep, that is correct. I really like the new CHRAs. I was actually the test guy for those CHRAs on my Evo 3 years before they were released. I blew them all to hell at 50psi but they are fucking good to go now. Robert builds great turbos and I'll never run anything else. I think I can on a 11:1 motor or close enough to round up. Ha

Sent from my SM-G900V using GT-R Life mobile app

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.