Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone has experience with the new gloss black 3M vinyl? It's supposed to give the gloss look of real carbon fiber. However, they said it should be indoor use only.

·
Registered
279 Posts
I would not use Di-noc material on the exterior of your car as it is a permanent adhesive and will really mess up your paint. Use the 3M 1080 scotchprint material. If you need some, I have loads of it for very cheap. I also have Oracal Satin black which looks sweet!!!

·
GT1R Flame Thrower Edition
2,177 Posts
Xpel has a paint protection film with the carbon fiber look and it's made for interior and exterior use

·
jbmnsx
346 Posts
I have used the 3M di-noc on my cars inside and out. It is easy to work with wet or dry and has held up great for at least two years. I went as far as covering the gray front OEM lip in it and it came out great. Don't know about the new glossy stuff.

I do have some standard parts I make for the exterior if anyone is interested.

·
Registered
279 Posts
jbmnsx - Have you taken the dinoc material off the car yet? IT is a very good product, just when you go to remove it, plan on removing and damaging your paint as well. Have seen it time and time again.

I deal directly with 3M on a daily basis and they do not recomend it be put on the exterior of your car due to the perm. adhesive.... With the 1080 scotch print it is a removable adhesive, with air channels and the adhesive is pressure sensitve when applying.

Just be careful when removing the Di-Noc. A guy removed it off of his supra's targa and hatch and pulled paint off with it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts