Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've already picked these up from SSP. Thanks Jeremy. :thumbup:

But now I'm wondering if I should put them on. I know that they are DiNOC and just realized that these will ruin in the paint. So my question is, has anybody regretted putting these on? If you had to do it over again, would you go with the another type of film?

-Tom

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
From what I've read and understand is that DiNOC uses a perm. adhesive.

I really hope I'm wrong though and someone will come on here and let me know.

·
Registered
372 Posts
From the 3M site. http://multimedia.3m...s6EVs6E666666--

Removal of 3M DI-NOC Film
3M DI-NOC films are not designed with removal in mind, as the combination of film adhesive and primer ensure a very high bond to most surfaces.We recommend applying new material on top ofexisting 3M DI-NOC, instead of removal.
However, if 3M DI-NOC must be removed, the following method can be attempted.
1. Make cuts about 20 cm apart in the 3M DINOC film, making sure not to damage the
substrate.
2. Use a heat gun to warm at 80°C to soften the 3M DI-NOC film.
3. Remove the strips of film.
4. If adhesive remains on the substrate, remove it using 3M™ Adhesive Remover System R-231, or similar solvent.
Note: Test that the solvent will not damage the substrate before beginning removal.

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
YES. DiNOC uses a permanent adhesive. What I use is 3M carbon fiber 1080...ie ScotchPrint. It's a semi gloss black carbon wrap and uses regular wrap adhesive so it can be removed without harm. I quit carrying/using DiNoc when they released the 1080 ScotchPrint series well over a year ago. I'm sorry for any of the confusion this may have caused from me using the wording DiNoc, but that was just the Generic term I was using for Carbon looking vinyl.

[email protected]

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Awesome. Thanks for the clarification, Jeremy. Yeah, the DiNOC is what threw me off. Now, I'm not so worried.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts