Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Enthusiast
755 Posts
found it while browsing google, looks goods but don't know about the mitsubushi cartridges.

BNR Supercars 2008+ R35 Nissan GTR Turbocharger upgrades now available!!!

We are proud to release our first turbocharger upgrades for the 2008 plus Nissan GTR! Our entry level Billet upgrades are capable of up to 800 AWHP while being 100% bolt up with no fabrication required! All oil and water lines bolt on with ease which makes this a pain free install. The compressor housings and turbine housings are CNC machined for the upgraded center housing rotating assemblies. We used extensive engineering techniques to CNC machine the exhaust manifold/turbine housings without cutting or welding.​
All our competitors have to cut the manifolds off of the turbine housings so they can machine the turbine housings to accept the upgraded center housing rotating assemblies. Cutting and welding the turbine housings is way to big of a risk to take because of cracking issues which plague cast iron welding. The weight of the turbocharger, intake ducting, down pipes and intercooler pipes combined with heat cycles, all put load on the one weld holding the turbo to the manifold.

BNR Supercars Stage 1 R35 twin turbo upgrades consists of TD05H turbine wheels, high performance 360 degree thrust assemblies, Billet compressor wheels, and BNR's customized bearing housing for easy installation! All rotating assemblies are balanced to .5 gram/in2 and the wastegate actuators are adjustable from 11-17 psi!​

Left side

Right side

·
Registered
369 Posts
Brian is a friend of mine and lives right down the street. These are a brand new product of his. He is very good at building turbos and has made a good name for himself building stock framed upgrade turbos for FD RX7s, and MK4 Supras. He also does a lot of Subaru and Mazdaspeed work and is well liked as well. I know he is looking to give somebody a great deal on a set of turbos who'd be willing to see what they can do on the dyno and strip. I'm not interested in a bigger turbo setup on my car right now, otherwise I'd be all about it. Mitsu builds a hell of a good turbo, I would not be worried about mitsu cartridges in the slightest. Frankly IHI tends to copy (sometimes poorly) KKK and Mitsu when building their own designs.

·
Vendor
3,045 Posts
Yeah, Brian does a good job on a lot of his turbos. We have yet to test these yet, but I am sure for a very mild upgrade they will perform just fine.

You will also notice that there are a couple smaller shops that are actually using Brian to upgrade turbos and then calling them their own as he does a lot of private labeling too.

~Cicio

18,285 Posts
No 1st hand experience with BNR or Brian, but I've seen cars from BNR online and heard good things. I do know that most of the Evo guys are running modded stock turbos at high power levels. Mitsubishi knows how to build a good turbo.

-Matt

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Yes these Bryan's turbos are nice, the machined insert in the turbine side is more expensive to make. These are similar size to the HTA68 from Forced Performance.

He has a good reputation in the RX7, Supra and Subaru world.

·
Registered
7,513 Posts
Does anyone know the the compressor & turbine inducer/exducer specs?

·
Registered
1,122 Posts

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
This looks like a great setup if you just want to slap on some turbo's, upgrade the FMIC, fuel system, and tune. ($10000?) I don't know if I would want to push them to 800 AWHP with the remainder of components stock but I think 750 AWHP is within reason.

·
LiMiTLeSs
3,220 Posts
This looks like a great setup if you just want to slap on some turbo's, upgrade the FMIC, fuel system, and tune. ($10000?) I don't know if I would want to push them to 800 AWHP with the remainder of components stock but I think 750 AWHP is within reason.
I believe the purpose of the advertisement was to show max power potential of the turbos. Granted, at that power level you would want a built motor along with all the supporting mods.

·
Tokyo Nightmare
1,773 Posts
These seem to be journal bearing as well.

·
Registered
7,513 Posts
from the specs, it looks like it might flow about 45lbs/min.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Just what I was thinking...

·
Registered
227 Posts
What are the specs on the Alpha 9 turbos? Arent they a 71?

For the money this are awesome though. billet wheels, etc. What a steal and you dont have to do anything but unhook and replace. not that it is a big deal on the other upgrades but introducing new lines to connect up to oil and coolant always makes me worry
but thats just me.

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
from the specs, it looks like it might flow about 45lbs/min.
A compressor map would be nice as well. To me looks like 40-42lb/min.

The alpha 9 turbos are 71mm on the big measurement, Compared to these at 68mm. But its not all about size, its aerodynamic profile.

Also 750whp is pushing the stock engine and transmission very hard, the lifespan of both is much shorter than at say 600whp. These turbos will be slower to respond than the other Billet ball bearing setups, its not all bad, the shift in powerband to the right (less torque) is not a bad thing for the factory engine internals.

·
Vendor
3,045 Posts
Yeah these turbos wouldn't make that kind of power.

~Cicio

·
Registered
10 Posts
Yeah these turbos wouldn't make that kind of power.

~Cicio
Whats up Cicio! These are billet 18G's. We all know that the cast 18G's flow 41 lb/min each. People say that the billet counterparts flow approximately 10% more volume over the cast wheels. That being said, the units need to be tested.

Call me sometime and we'll talk!

Bryan

1 - 20 of 88 Posts