Nissan GT-R Forum banner

458 vs GTR

9K views 47 replies 27 participants last post by  Cavalier777 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
We had fun run GTR vs 458. 1 person in GTR and 2 in Ferrari. Both cars on pump 91. Both cars Stock.
458 is around 550 pounds lighter and has 30 more HP so it was interesting to see how badly GTR would be beaten.

From 40mph GTR is keeping up and couple of runs pulled but after 90mph Ferrari is pulling by 1 or 2 cars quickly. Here are some photos.

See less See more
#6 ·
It's too bad about the 91 octane. Although I know both cars were on the same gas - it has more of an effect on the GT-R. I'm looking for a video comparison between the two on 93 or 94 octane. I know the 458 will still pull as it takes at least a tune plus exhaust CBA GT-R to hold a 458.

#13 ·
Yep

#10 ·
The only thing I personally would have changed on the 458 would have been the rear exhaust. I hate centre exit exhaust. But I am also thankful that we don't all like the same thing.

Cheese

#11 ·
I don't care if the GT-R walked all over the 458 I would take it over the Nissan in a heartbeat.....that car is amazing IMO.....

#17 ·
you would think that's the case but it isn't always true.....you would be surprised how much people stretch themselves financially to own toys....quite honestly I could sell my ACR and GT-R and get a Ferrai but it's not worth it as I would never daily drive the car....I would always "want" a fun car, like the GT-R, as a daily driver....the 458 is a dream car.....

#18 · (Edited by Moderator)
you would think that's the case but it isn't always true.....you would be surprised how much people stretch themselves financially to own toys....quite honestly I could sell my ACR and GT-R and get a Ferrai but it's not worth it as I would never daily drive the car....I would always "want" a fun car, like the GT-R, as a daily driver....the 458 is a dream car.....
+1 yeah i know a few folks to skimp HARD on the other parts of life to have a nicer toy car. as for me, I SMH at that... you have a better life when you have a good time in and OUT of your car.

#21 ·
Ferrari 458 is something to own short term as they have some crazy deprecation, unless its some very rare special factory designation.

If you want attention 458 is the way to go if you want to have blinding power & grip and don't care that the Valet didn't park your car up front GT-R is the way to go.

#27 ·
The 458 is a properly engineered car, if I was looking for an exotic Id buy a 458,
4.5L
560 hp
N/A
9000 rpm
gorgeous looks,

whats not to like, from day one the GTR was meant to bite into the territory of these cars, but i think the 458 is one of the best value for money modern exotic. Dont get me wrong will still own a GTR along side this

#41 ·
I was fortunate to be able to drive my own 2010 GT-R and a friend's 458 Italia back-to-back on a road course a couple of weeks ago. I drove the 458 for a full 30-minute session. The 458 felt just as planted and predictable in the turns as the GT-R, which I thought was amazing considering that it is RWD, not AWD. However, the shifts felt smoother and quicker in the GT-R compared to the 458. The 458 sounds incredible. The GT-R felt quicker around the track, but not by much (and I probably wasn't pushing the Italia as much, since it wasn't mine).

Bottom line: I'd buy a 458 in addition to the GT-R if I decided to spend a lot of money, but I would never give up my GT-R.

#43 ·
i like them both very differently. Driving them often I can tell you my feelings:

GTR is fun and easy to drive. Quick when needed and can be relaxing when needed. I am talking about 2012 Nissan GTR, I find it much softer and quieter than my 2010 GTR.

458 is a lot of fun and excitement but you do get tired from it. It is very loud and not as comfortable inside compared to GTR. You tend to worry quite a bit when you have it parked. A lot of haters out there.
It is perfect for an evening restaurant drive or a weekend going-out for a party. Not good car to drive in hot weather, in LA during the day, I hate to drive it, you get very tired from it.

#45 ·
I was able to drive a 458 when I was in vegas this past aug, while at the exotic racing program there at the Las Vegas speedway. It was such a blast to be able to actually race it around the track, it was so much fun I accidentally spun it off the track. I can see at as a great car for the weekend, but I dont think it would be great as a dd. I still love my gtr, but wouldn't turn down a 458.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.