Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw a post on Reddit where a dealership put a $20k markup on a 2016 45th anniversary GT-R. Sure, it's a limited edition, but it's just paint and a little badge on the center console and Nissan themselves only added $1k to the MSRP. Is there really a high demand for these things, or has the dealership lost their minds?

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Don't pay over invoice. Rare breed of buyers like the color. Myself included. Wait to the 2017 come out and get it for cheaper(providing a new rebate releases).

Or not at all depending on how good the refresh looks.

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
I don't want one, I was just curious if that's how much all of those anniversary editions are going for. To be honest, I really don't like the color. It's not flattering at all to the GT-R

The image I linked says 1 of 25. Regardless, $20k for a paintjob is nuts!....especially for a color that looks like something you'd find on a Buick or a minivan.
a dealer my buddy works at said only 6 in the country, 25 sounds more likely. I thought it was 100.

·
Founder/Admin
26,234 Posts
Official wording from Nissan was up to 30 I think

·
Pew Pew
212 Posts
I have two or three of those in AZ that are UNDER MSRP, but about 10k....

PM me if you want the dealer info.....I think that it was 99k last time I checked.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
I saw one at Baker Nissan in Houston. Owner took it as his personal vehicle. Color looks good in the sun- lots of flake. Wheels kill all the 16's IMO. Throw some black TE37 Ultra or Advan GTs and now were talking. Hell maybe just powder coat the factory 20 spokes black. Just looks too busy

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
I saw one at Baker Nissan in Houston. Owner took it as his personal vehicle. Color looks good in the sun- lots of flake. Wheels kill all the 16's IMO. Throw some black TE37 Ultra or Advan GTs and now were talking. Hell maybe just powder coat the factory 20 spokes black. Just looks too busy
Agreed. I actually love the color. Simple. But I'm waiting for the next rebate. Not a deal breaker if I don't get it. But don't want to be like the rest of the disgruntled pre rebate 2014 owners �

·
R35 Member
287 Posts
I had seen some dealerships selling the 4th gold edition at mrsp with no markup

Sent from my SM-N920T using GT-R Life mobile app

1 - 12 of 12 Posts