Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

· Forza Felipe
1,711 Posts
So after owning the 4c for a little less then a week here is a little comparison....there is no comparison, they are the polar opposites of each other. The 4c is a very raw car. You hear everything and feel anything and has very little in luxury. No Navigation, heated seats, speakers are awful, head unit is a parrot and looks like its straight out of the early 2000s and the ride is harsh. The paint is super soft, if you thought the gtr paint is bad guess again 4c is worse but thats an Alfa for you lol.

THE DRIVE
The driving experience is unreal, you feel one with the road especially since it doesn't have power steering. Your always have to keep both hands on the wheel, be on a constant alert which i love cause that was the kind of car I was looking for. Can I daily drive to 4C...no way not a chance. But on the weekend when you want to blast trough a great road nothing beats it. To abstract all the power in the car you have to keep the revs up and learn the engine and the power curve. Because once you do you actually feel like you accomplished something. The exhaust note is pure bliss. I have the sports tuned exhaust which has no mufflers and I never knew a 4 banger turbo-ed could make such a fantastic noise. All the pops and clanks just sound unreal.

TRANSMISSION
Both are 6 speed DCTS, except one was custom made for a super car while the other was pulled out of dodge dart. The 4C trans is very good though, shifts are lighting quick when put into race mode, the rev matching sounds amazing. The only knock is at low speeds it does buck a little when you up shift or down shift.

INTERIOR
Looks great inside but the seats have no padding the floor has no carpet but since the entire tub is made of carbon fiber which is exposed it looks awesome. Car has no glove box just a leather pouch that houses three wire, Usb, iphone and USB mini. Like I said earlier the sound system is god awful but who cares when the actual car sounds so amazing and the drive is so enthralling. The car has no power seats on the driver side, and to change the seat position for the passenger you have actually unbolt a few bolts and you can raise the seat up or lower it.

GTR COMPARIS
Like i said earlier there is no real comparison between the two cars. One is a science experiment that turned out brilliantly while the other is very old school and sticks to tradition which is weight saving. One car is about all the tech in the world while the other is just about pure driving and thats about all I can say about the two .

overall the 4C is one of the prettiest cars I have ever seen and drives like a real old school sports car. The closest i could compare it too is a 360 modena but its much faster then one. The 0-60 times is 4.2 and the car only weighs 2500lbs. I can honestly say I have fallen in love with car, and all because of the driving experience. I cant stress enough on how connected you feel with road it really is an unreal machine, and I am blessed to have both this and the GTR. LIFE IS GOOD

· R.I.P. Paul Walker
7,486 Posts
Nice review. My fiancée doesn't like cars but I took her to a car show in Cali last month and she LOVES the Alfa 4c. I think one day she may get one (but prob not because she won't like the way it drives, raw)

Sent from my Galaxy S5 using GT-R Life mobile app

· Registered
2,297 Posts
With the potential of modding a S2000 (Supercharger and coilovers etc.) I dont think I could ever get a lotus, 4c or any light weight sports car because a fully modded s2000 would cost 1/2 to 1/3 and have as good or better driving experience. A 400whp supercharged s2000 is one of the most fun cars I have ever owned...

With that said, i am still a fan of the 4c and am jealous.

So after owning the c4 for a little less then a week here is a little comparison....there is no comparison, they are the polar opposites of each other. The 4c is a very raw car. You hear everything and feel anything and has very little in luxury. No Navigation, heated seats, speakers are awful, head unit is a parrot and looks like its straight out of the early 2000s and the ride is harsh. The paint is super soft, if you thought the gtr paint is bad guess again 4c is worse but thats an Alfa for you lol.

THE DRIVE
The driving experience is unreal, you feel one with the road especially since it doesn't have power steering. Your always have to keep both hands on the wheel, be on a constant alert which i love cause that was the kind of car I was looking for. Can I daily drive to 4C...no way not a chance. But on the weekend when you want to blast trough a great road nothing beats it. To abstract all the power in the car you have to keep the revs up and learn the engine and the power curve. Because once you do you actually feel like you accomplished something. The exhaust note is pure bliss. I have the sports tuned exhaust which has no mufflers and I never knew a 4 banger turbo-ed could make such a fantastic noise. All the pops and clanks just sound unreal.

TRANSMISSION
Both are 6 speed DCTS, except one was custom made for a super car while the other was pulled out of dodge dart. The 4C trans is very good though, shifts are lighting quick when put into race mode, the rev matching sounds amazing. The only knock is at low speeds it does buck a little when you up shift or down shift.

INTERIOR
Looks great inside but the seats have no padding the floor has no carpet but since the entire tub is made of carbon fiber which is exposed it looks awesome. Car has no glove box just a leather pouch that houses three wire, Usb, iphone and USB mini. Like I said earlier the sound system is god awful but who cares when the actual car sounds so amazing and the drive is so enthralling. The car has no power seats on the driver side, and to change the seat position for the passenger you have actually unbolt a few bolts and you can raise the seat up or lower it.

GTR COMPARIS
Like i said earlier there is no real comparison between the two cars. One is a science experiment that turned out brilliantly while the other is very old school and sticks to tradition which is weight saving. One car is about all the tech in the world while the other is just about pure driving and thats about all I can say about the two .

overall the 4C is one of the prettiest cars I have ever seen and drives like a real old school sports car. The closest i could compare it too is a 360 modena but its much faster then one. The 0-60 times is 4.2 and the car only weighs 2500lbs. I can honestly say I have fallen in love with car, and all because of the driving experience. I cant stress enough on how connected you feel with road it really is an unreal machine, and I am blessed to have both this and the GTR. LIFE IS GOOD

· Forza Felipe
1,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Attachments

· Registered
2,018 Posts
Greeat review, u summarized my thoughts after I lived with on for a few days while in FL. Congrats again on the car, enjoy man

· Registered
5,094 Posts
I hope the 4C is available in a stick...

· Forza Felipe
1,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Greeat review, u summarized my thoughts after I lived with on for a few days while in FL. Congrats again on the car, enjoy man
Thanks man you had it in red right how bad was the paint on yours

· Registered
2,018 Posts
Thanks man you had it in red right how bad was the paint on yours
Yeah it was red on black, but it was in Florida so the roads are just absolutely perfect and the worst that can be sprayed up at you are small sand particles lol. But I did notice that the paint was extremely soft when I was looking at it trying to compare it and find out where it stood compared to other cars. U may need to just xpel the entire front in order to avoid massive chips ip front tho which sucks :-\

· Forza Felipe
1,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah it was red on black, but it was in Florida so the roads are just absolutely perfect and the worst that can be sprayed up at you are small sand particles lol. But I did notice that the paint was extremely soft when I was looking at it trying to compare it and find out where it stood compared to other cars. U may need to just xpel the entire front in order to avoid massive chips ip front tho which sucks :-\
Saturday I am going to my xpel guy to get it all wrapped

· Registered
2,018 Posts

· Registered
5,094 Posts

· Forza Felipe
1,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
So much for it being a raw car! Sad it's not a stick. I had a little interest in the car. Not any more..
manual is a thing of the past and it's Italian they don't belive in manuals anymore all dct.

· Forza Felipe
1,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Looks great in black! Carbon everywhere. Thanks for the post.
Thanks guys I am in love with it. It's an amazing car guys

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.