Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
AMS & Switzer have very fast 60-130 times at the drag strip.

Simply amazing.

But how do these beasts hook on regular highways?

What is the fastest 60-130 mph on a regular highway, not on a drag strip

·
Premium Member
737 Posts
AMS & Switzer have very fast 60-130 times at the drag strip.

Simply amazing.

But how do these beasts hook on regular highways?

What is the fastest 60-130 mph on a regular highway, not on a drag strip
the grip is quite well if the road's condition is good, Mert. I'll give u a ride when i'm done with the tune.
any nice plans involving gt-r ?

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Please no one take this as a rant/bash, but every time some one says they exceeded the speedlimit on the street a bunch of people chime in that it is "Highly illegal and completely unsafe" I know that this statement might be partially true, but is it true that the majority of owners only do the speedlimit unless on a track?

I will be the first to admit that I do sometimes drive way over the speedlimit, but isn't that kind of the point of having a car with the GTR capabilities? Hope no one takes it the wrong way but it does sometimes sound insincere considering we are all driving 500hp cars that can do 3 times the legal speedlimit.

Ryan.

·
Registered
8,455 Posts
Please no one take this as a rant/bash, but every time some one says they exceeded the speedlimit on the street a bunch of people chime in that it is "Highly illegal and completely unsafe" I know that this statement might be partially true, but is it true that the majority of owners only do the speedlimit unless on a track?

I will be the first to admit that I do sometimes drive way over the speedlimit, but isn't that kind of the point of having a car with the GTR capabilities? Hope no one takes it the wrong way but it does sometimes sound insincere considering we are all driving 500hp cars that can do 3 times the legal speedlimit.

Ryan.
Like i said before, if you can find an open highway with no traffic and no chance of someone pulling out..then it's all good!

Racing down a side street with chances of a car pulling out is dangerous..

·
Registered
375 Posts
There's a big difference between going 75 or 80 and going 130 on the freeway...

Ryan.

·
Premium Member
737 Posts

Ryan.
completely agree on this post.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
I have thought about this a little more and --

It might just come down to where people live. I guess if you are used to living in a big city you might not understand the open road. I met a guy that had never left New York City and when I was driving him down the highway he was amazed that there were no street lights, and couldn't understand how people could see....

So if you live in the middle of the city I agree, don't do a 130, but also maybe don't tell people how crazy illegal and dangerous it is? I have also heard that the track is the only place you can really drive..... But I have a fast car to drive those special roads I have found and get enjoyment out of.

Just some ramblings I guess. ha!

Ryan

·
R36 Member
6,049 Posts
I have thought about this a little more and --

It might just come down to where people live. I guess if you are used to living in a big city you might not understand the open road. I met a guy that had never left New York City and when I was driving him down the highway he was amazed that there were no street lights, and couldn't understand how people could see....

So if you live in the middle of the city I agree, don't do a 130, but also maybe don't tell people how crazy illegal and dangerous it is? I have also heard that the track is the only place you can really drive..... But I have a fast car to drive those special roads I have found and get enjoyment out of.

Just some ramblings I guess. ha!

Ryan
If this is for sure in some highway in Arizona, for example, then there isn't even a question to be posed about safety with respect to traffic. However, if you want to account for the possibility of someone trying this on a highway that is busier and never empty, then you must remind how absolutely dumb the idea might be. I've lived in both kinds of areas and I like to have fun too, but sometimes it's just not worth it... namely when you lose people that you care about. Best.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
there are numerous highway vids on youtube where people hit 160 mph with different cars.

there are GTR vids with 130 mph as well.

I also think highway tests are dangerous but wanted to get direct feedback who did test on the autobahn.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
i done 4.3 sec from 3rd gear pull 60-130 from..(1011bhp)

if i did in 2nd gear it would of been faster..

·
Banned
2,160 Posts
stop lying guys...............all of you gtr owners been way over 130 in the street.
60-130 in the street is much slower than in the track due to traction and other things.

·
GTR Hokie
375 Posts
Lets end the argument by saying there are some places you can go whatever speed you want on the highway. They do exist. Montana is one of those places, not unless they overturned that and the autobahn (in some places). Do I think it is stupid going 130 in a 65? Yes. Is my opinion on it and lecturing people about speeding on the highways going to make them stop? No. It isn't until they kill someone or get thrown in jail that they may stop. So lets not argue about it.

Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Definitely a pointless argument. There some men with balls and some men without. The ones with none will speak out and use there 90k sports car as a grocery getter. Hope thats worth the money for you, at least still get off on those of us enjoying the car though. Your

1 - 20 of 39 Posts