Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
The owner of this car is claiming that he makes 772whp and runs the 1/4 mile in 10.20. Can anyone verify these claims? All work on the car was done at Bulletproof Automotive and they are the ones that ran the supposed 10.20, which makes this GTR the world's quickest GTR.

The owner of the car is on this board, but he's
a known pathological liar here in Hawaii, so I was wondering if anyone credible could vouch for these claims.

Who has made the most power so far with the stock turbos?

·
Registered
737 Posts
The owner of this car is claiming that he makes 772whp and runs the 1/4 mile in 10.20. Can anyone verify these claims? All work on the car was done at Bulletproof Automotive and they are the ones that ran the supposed 10.20, which makes this GTR the world's quickest GTR.

a known pathological liar here in Hawaii, so I was wondering if anyone credible could vouch for these claims.

Hmmm well looking at the mod list it had stuff that is not even available yet. Looks like a dream-wish mod list. But anyway I have never heard of a stock turbo car putting down those numbers for dyno or 1/4 mile. Not possible that I know of unless he is running a big shot of Nitrous.

yeah 772whp would make it the highest dyno I have seen. It would be like a high 800 or low 900 engine HP car. Of course there is no proof of a dyno or 1/4 either

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Simply not possible on stock turbos. Where did you see this claim?

·
Registered
7,514 Posts

his car looks fast....but I doubt it's that quick....maybe 11's.

·
Registered
148 Posts

The owner of the car is on this board, but he's a known pathological liar here in Hawaii, so I was wondering if anyone credible could vouch for these claims.

Yo Reid, if what he's running is true then mine will surely be 'taking off' on a short straight. Am from Singapore running JDM GTR (Sunlines down/mid non resonated/ rear straight thru Y, Harman intakes, HKS EVC, Owens Actuators, Access Port Customs Map written specifically for this set up from our local distributor with Cobb) Haven't dyno it but surely it's nowhere near what was claimed.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Where is his power claim?
He told me in person last night that he makes 772whp with a HKS GT600 kit. I asked him which turbos he is using, since stock turbos cannot support that power level. He then stated that he is using the turbos that came with the GT600 kit. I responded that the kit only changes the actuators, and he still stuck to his claim that his car makes 772whp.

Last night, the purple GTR owner called a local dyno shop to ask for a dyno print out. They offered to give him a print out of his dyno chart where he made 480whp, but he told them that he needed a "different chart". The shop refused to produce a fraudulent dyno chart for him. LOL!

·
Banned
1,097 Posts
772awhp is about 908hp crank. I've not heard of the stock turbos supporting 454hp each even in single turbo applications on Imprezas. I don't think anyone else has got within 100whp of that claim on stock turbos without nitrous.

·
Premium Member
11,288 Posts
SPEngineering had the first recorded max hp for the stock turbos
http://www.gtrcenter.net/?p=2378

This at about 560whp.

johnturbo had nitrus and metho injection so he was probably hitting alot higher than that but never had a dyno that could read his car properly for real results.

The haltech done by william aka underpressure peaked around 600whp but they had to lower it to drive better, or something of that nature. i think they backed it down to 560whp but just recently they bought 800cc injectors and some other parts and have to tune it again.

only systems with aftermarket turbo upgrades have gone over 600whp

The R35 has only 10% friction loss even tho some dyno operators will say 15% or more so they can claim higher peak power for more advertising power. they think the little 5% wont make much of a big deal.

on annother note alot of dyno's read much differntly, so if your guy had a baseline that was rather high then its possible.

look at stillen R35, they claim 620hp, but there is no gtr with stock turbos to have that hp unless you add a huge friction loss factor thats not really true on a high reading dyno - but then again they did release alot of weight from the car so that could have something to do with it.

·
Registered
737 Posts
SPEngineering had the first recorded max hp for the stock turbos
http://www.gtrcenter.net/?p=2378

This at about 560whp.

johnturbo had nitrus and metho injection so he was probably hitting alot higher than that but never had a dyno that could read his car properly for real results.

The haltech done by william aka underpressure peaked around 600whp but they had to lower it to drive better, or something of that nature. i think they backed it down to 560whp but just recently they bought 800cc injectors and some other parts and have to tune it again.

only systems with aftermarket turbo upgrades have gone over 600whp

The R35 has only 10% friction loss even tho some dyno operators will say 15% or more so they can claim higher peak power for more advertising power. they think the little 5% wont make much of a big deal.

on annother note alot of dyno's read much differntly, so if your guy had a baseline that was rather high then its possible.

look at stillen R35, they claim 620hp, but there is no gtr with stock turbos to have that hp unless you add a huge friction loss factor thats not really true on a high reading dyno - but then again they did release alot of weight from the car so that could have something to do with it.
I think the stillen car is claiming 620hp crank not awhp and that is totally achievable

·
Registered
2,844 Posts
You could always use your pocket calculator.....here goes

GTR has a 60lb injector, which gives approx 120hp per cylinder of fuel flow (multiply injector size x 2)
Therefore when multiplied by the cylinder count - 6 x 120hp = 720hp theoretical crank hp worth of theoretical fuel flow at the crank.
Now, reduce this 5% for physical fuel flow and injector restrictions to give a theoretical crank hp of 684hp

For an AWD arrangement, even a low friction style, 20% seems to be a good number to use as a reverse power loss (remember its not just drivetrain loss, but also loss between the tyre and the roller)
so take 684hp and subtract 20%.....and you have....near enough to 550whp.

A rough guide, but one thats often very close, and good at settling bench races

·
Registered
1,403 Posts

GTR has a 60lb injector, which gives approx 120hp per cylinder of fuel flow (multiply injector size x 2)
Therefore when multiplied by the cylinder count - 6 x 120hp = 720hp theoretical crank hp worth of theoretical fuel flow at the crank.
Now, reduce this 5% for physical fuel flow and injector restrictions to give a theoretical crank hp of 684hp

For an AWD arrangement, even a low friction style, 20% seems to be a good number to use as a reverse power loss (remember its not just drivetrain loss, but also loss between the tyre and the roller)

I agree; there is no way Nissan created a magic 4WD drivetrain that produces only a 10% loss. Apart from maybe a few rear/mid-engined layouts, I don't believe any manufacturer claims that for even a 2WD set up!

I would be happy with a safe and reliable 600-620hp at the flywheel. I presume the turbos can support that?

·
Premium Member
11,288 Posts
why not? how else can you explain 480hp engine that puts down the fastest lap times with its weight? that dct and its aero design reduced friction losses amazingly! even the lambo's have a lower friction loss than people think.

ALSO its been proven on two seperate dyno's that measure REAL WORLD FRICTION LOSS!!!!!!!! mesa dyno and hyper power international dyno.

lets just say everything points to 10% being true in numerous differnt cases. dyno operators just think they are gods... they are really just stuburn people who cant learn anything new and result to guessing games.

·
www.goturnstop.com
1,377 Posts

Which is by coincidence right about where 18.5psi and 97%duty cycle on the stock injectors gets you on a Dyno Dynamics in Shootout 6F mode.
I'm so amazed LOL...

·
Vendor
547 Posts

This is pretty darn accurate in my opinion. We saw this results on 7 different GTRs now with 90%+ duty cycle on the injectors

·
Registered
2,844 Posts
Ahhh shucks thanks guys!

A good dyno will measure drivetrain inertia with a ramp up/down test, or even in the case of our Mainline actual wheel slip and tyre loss % from reading OBDII vehicle speed vs roller speed....but still the only way to calculate drivetrain loss is on the engine dyno

Interestingly enough I just plotted a Torque Split of the GTR AWD across a dyno run (it does this automatically) interesting. Will put it up here later.
Anyone care to guess how the ATTESSA drives and splits torque on a typical WOT 4th gear power pull?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts