Nissan GT-R Forum banner

7th Annual VIR Forged Performance | NAGTROC Track Day JULY 20, 2015

14K views 113 replies 20 participants last post by  Dntlvet 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)

Hey GTRLife family! That time of year is upon us! Spring is right around the corner, so track-days are back! Time to start planning, saving the dates in your calendars, and getting ready for the 7th Annual VIR Forged NAGTROC/GT-R Owners Track Day on July 20th! Taking place at the historic Virginia International Raceway in Alton, VA, just outside of Danville! This even has grown exponentially with each passing year, with 40-50 cars or so last year, so lets make lucky number 7 even bigger and better! We are still working out the full event details, time, schedule, etc., but we wanted to get the event date out to you guys early enough to begin planning! Mark the calendars and we'll keep posting updates in this thread, so follow it for all of the latest news an updates!

Date: Monday July 20th, 2015 with the usual Meet and Greet/Dinner on Sunday evening the 19th!

Like last year, our event will follow the NASA Mid Atlantic 3-Day weekend event which is July 17-19th, so for those looking for more track time, you can sign up for their weekend HPDE! The 3-Day NASA HPDE event is a great warm up for our main event on Monday the 20th! Several of our customers are already in for the NASA 3-day, so you won't be the alone out there! We'll have personal and customer vehicles, mostly GTR's and a few others mixed in, and like the previous 6 events, this event is open to all makes, models, and skill levels! We will do our best to keep the cost similarly priced and competitive with years past, and we will update this thread when we have arrived at that price! With a limited amount of cars present on the track at one time, you will have a wide open enjoyment of one of the country's best tracks! If you are looking for one-on-one coaching, please let us know; we have several professional drivers available for this event just for this purpose!

Mark your calendars now for Monday July 20th, 2015, and July 17-19th if you are planning to attend the NASA 3-Day Event!

As always, early sign ups will help us with event planning and prepping for this event!

We will update this post with a roster as attendees sign up! Follow the link below to get your spot in line!

See less See more
#2 · (Edited by Moderator)
In

last year was literal torture to have sold my car the day before the event and be up there without a car...but all will be made right in a few months with "The One" makes its VIR debut!

I was going to have Nick McMillen and maybe another GT academy driver come out if nissan would bring some cars for demo runs or coaching but I have to see if that conflicts with the continental tire schedule or what ever series it might overlap with as I think they are at limerock soon after. will follow up

#7 ·
Not sure if we can make it this year or not. Have a lot on our travel calendar already. :-/

#10 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hey Nick I talked to Steve yesterday and he is working on putting something together and getting the social media team to cover it. The sooner we can confirm all of that the bigger we can build this years event in advance

We should at least get the demo GTR out like you drove people in at what Sebring? Would be nice to have the racecars out as that is plenty open track practice before the IMSA in August

#15 ·
I should be making it this year, awesome event on the best track and tons of track time.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using GT-R Life mobile app

#16 ·
Definitely the more the merrier! Let's make this year even bigger and better than 2014!

#18 ·
Question on cooling. So I'm full bolt on and will probably run lowest boost mayo to help keep temperatures down but have a feeling, from past experience in stock GTR, my car will over heat faster. Any suggestions on running cooler. Trying to be buffet conscious if possible.

Sent from my XT1080 using GT-R Life mobile app

#19 ·
Quick question...

I haven't done an official HPDE yet. I just got my '15 a few months ago and would love to go and experience what this car is all about! How would I, being a track novice, go about enjoying an event like this? Is there some training? I would be driving from the Memphis area so I don't want to drive and not be prepared...thoughts and suggestions are appreciated.

Scott

#20 · (Edited by Moderator)
you are in luck..this is the best track event for a novice for a few reasons. #1 there will be almost no traffic. most driving schools you will go to will try to pack 150-200 people or something into a day and have run groups with more people in it than attend our whole day. you can get out there and not worry about running up on someone or someone blazing by you every other minute.

#2 excellent people who put it on. we have a drivers meeting in the morning that goes over all rules and what to expect then a sort of safari session where we all go out to get used to the track in a relaxed pace and experienced drivers who would love to spend time helping you out.we have a run group for novice/intermediate and there are plenty of instructors on hand who would jump in a car with you and help you out. the entire vibe of our day is very laid back and very inviting to a first timer.

#3 if you are up for it you will get more track time than you can handle vs a normal HPDE day. we have the track from 8am to 5pm and we have say 40 people tops in the past so in the afternoon its usually open track and you can lap until the tires fall off. .

so please by all means come out and you will be well taken car of and get to enjoy our new GTR on one of the most beautiful sprawling tracks in the US

as far as the car being prepared since you are new to this it will do just fine in stock form. you just need a SA rated helmet and have the car pass an inspection sheet you are given which is basically a formality with a new GTR. so that is all you really need

#29 ·
I know we'll be bringing the trailer, but it all comes down to personal preference, tires, and trailer availability. Should be a fun drive though!

#31 ·
What, you can't parallel park a truck and trailer in Times Square?
But seriously, I don't blame you, I've got family in the NY/NJ area, so I couldn't imagine trying to navigate the city streets with a GTR in tow.
Should be a nice, easy drive down to VIR for you though!

#36 ·
So will there be demo cars there? Or is it bring your own car? I am interested but honestly don't know how I feel about taking my GTR there having 0 experience. I would love to meet other owners and I have never even been to a race track before.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.