1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,177 Posts
very nice.. getting me more and more fired up ova there

·
Front Mount 2500 HP
3,696 Posts
Im guessing that the hp figure of 1019 WHP is for RWHP ... what is the power level like when all four wheels are in motion? Im guessing its a little lower probably under 1000 ?

·
Vendor
3,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Im guessing that the hp figure of 1019 WHP is for RWHP ... what is the power level like when all four wheels are in motion? Im guessing its a little lower probably under 1000 ?
If you notice most major shops are disconnecting the front shaft for high HP cars. The center differential has to do too much work when trying to push that type of power to the front wheels. We have no desire to try it. Honestly the little bit we have tested cars in AWD vs. RWD the difference was little to nothing. Because of the way the GT-R puts most of the power to the rear wheel we see little difference.

As I have said before...the car is going 156mph in the quarter...its making over 1000whp no matter how many drive shafts you hook or unhook.

~Cicio

·
2,495 Posts
What is the point of having a 1000whp gtr if you're going to make it rwd.. Doesn't ams retain the awd system??

not trying to sound like a dick over here, I just don't get it.

·
Registered
3,177 Posts
on the dyne the center diff goes crazy with High hp cars.. and can damage the diffs.... so they only disconnect it on the dyno because the wheels are fairly free moving.... On the street with the loading being better on the wheels and what not, the car can run AWD setup.

·
Registered
68 Posts
About time we got a video!! Nice work Doug and Mike!!

·
ACG Automotive
2,588 Posts
Love that car.

Congrats on the very impressive numbers!

·
Super Moderator
3,905 Posts
Awd but removed front driveshaft for the dyno runs.
I asked the same question on the FZ1 Site. Now I know the answer.

But, out of curiosity, how hard (time wise) is it to do that?

Alexd

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.