Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
18,325 Posts
I believe it's the same GTR that runs with a group of my buddies in WA at their Northwest Nights Street Car Challenge events. It's a bolt-on build making 700whp. I believe English Racing did the work.

-James

· R35 member
3,069 Posts
Another rocket strapped to a turd. Not sure what the OP has against GTR's but Ive noticed that all the videos posted are of GTRs losing. Im not so naive to think that GTRs dont lose, they lose as much as any other car, I just prefer watching wins more than losses. Take that shit to the EVO forums and thump your chest over there.

Joe

· Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I would like to post one of a nismo winning, but unfortunately the car is quite rare and most of the people that buy one and modded it haven't turned any quarter mile times in it. Lately this nismo has been lining up against cars that it either can't hold a candle to or the owner sleeps on the light against a car it could have won against. I can't change the outcome. I know switzer has a video of the nismo fbo waxing a c7 vette from a roll but that video has already been posted. The nismo did fairly good against a car on drag radials running low 9's in the quarter. Keeping in mind that the nismo was designed as a track car.

· R35 member
3,069 Posts
I heard the announcer n the 2nd video say that the Evo went 9.28. That Nismo has no business lining up against that EVO whether he sleeps or is John Force at the wheel.

Joe

· RED MONSTER
1,791 Posts
Firstly kudos to the owner who's simply enjoying the car on the drag strip, but the Nismo is not competitive enough in that kind of race (10.8 seconds is the best time I've heard a Nismo do which is only 0.02 seconds faster than a 2014) and few owners are willing to mod them (understandably). So you're setting yourself up for failure going against the competition in a drag race that knows you are limited by the fact that it's a Nismo.

· R35 member
3,069 Posts
I guess some just want to race a GTR. I went to the track on a test n tune night and a full on drag Chevy Monza asked to run me. I said sure and all I remember is seeing that car get fired out of a cannon in the other lane. It had a full cage, chute, wheely bars, and the driver had a full fireproof suit. I had shorts (Illegal) and my big gulp. I didnt understand why he didnt want to race someone closer to his speed and I still dont.

Joe

· Registered
1,226 Posts
I guess some just want to race a GTR. I went to the track on a test n tune night and a full on drag Chevy Monza asked to run me. I said sure and all I remember is seeing that car get fired out of a cannon in the other lane. It had a full cage, chute, wheely bars, and the driver had a full fireproof suit. I had shorts (Illegal) and my big gulp. I didnt understand why he didnt want to race someone closer to his speed and I still dont.

Joe
LOL Big gulp! Hahahaha. At least you were cooler and at the end of the run turned on the A/C

· Registered
10,370 Posts

Joe
Priceless !!! That's the fun of test and tune.

· Registered
118 Posts
That's my buddy's Nismo. He ran 10.088 last night on DR in Spokane. Best I could do with FBO & E85 was 10.65. So that might give an idea of how quick it is (or slow my car is lol). Since that video, he went to e85 and several other mods.

· Registered
917 Posts
That's my buddy's Nismo. He ran 10.088 last night on DR in Spokane. Best I could do with FBO & E85 was 10.65. So that might give an idea of how quick it is (or slow my car is lol). Since that video, he went to e85 and several other mods.
Thats brutal!
Further info on the nismo please? Switzer?
Owner on here etc..

I think 9s are easily possible in perfect cons with the Nismo :)

· Registered
695 Posts
well, its no news that the nickname for gtr is "the yardstick". But it didn't even have to actually race that evo to know it will lose. Its a race between a 9 sec car and a 10 sec car, just compare slips next time.

· R.I.P. Paul Walker
7,487 Posts
Thats brutal!
Further info on the nismo please? Switzer?
Owner on here etc..

I think 9s are easily possible in perfect cons with the Nismo :)
9's aren't possible with a stock Nismo with perfect conditions. Maybe this particular modified Nismo. I hope that's what you meant lol.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.