Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am currently running AAM non-resonated midpipe and 90mm AAM sport cat-back. After scraping pretty hard on a driveway that I had no issues with prior when running just the midpipe I looked under my car and saw that the catback pipe from the midpipe back hangs significantly lower than OEM. Is this normal? Is there a way to tuck it up higher?

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have the exact same exhaust setup on my black 2012, I get a clunky rattle after it heats up like its hitting something beneath it, (which I am having looked into this week) but I have yet to scrape, I wonder if hanging lower is what's causing my rattle, wonder if this is 2012 specific, although it looks virtually the same. I never had an issue on my 2010, with the same exhaust.

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Is your car stock height? otherwise I think there is no way to fix that, usually once the exhaust is installed there is very little adjusting you can do..
I had a similar issue on my lowered e92 m3 after installing active autowerke x pipe the cats would scrape a lot on nearly every bump or parking entrance.

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
White2010GTR how low does the straight pipe from the behind the mid-pipe back to the split to the two mufflers hang below the under panels?

Alex, yes I have thought about Ravi's kit if I decide to go a little lower

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Anyone else running the AAM 90mm sport cat-back or any other 90mm cat-back please chime in on how low the straight pipe behind the mid-pipe hangs down. I have looked at pictures on NAGTROC and on the AAM site and I think something is wrong as my pipes hang about 2" - 2.25" below the rest of the car.

Perhaps the hanger nearest the mid-pipe end is bent?

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
White2010GTR how low does the straight pipe from the behind the mid-pipe back to the split to the two mufflers hang below the under panels?

Alex, yes I have thought about Ravi's kit if I decide to go a little lower
Out of state right now, but I will get back to you, based off your pictures, I would guesstimate you are hanging a bit lower than me, I'll get back to you when I get home though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts