Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
GT1R Flame Thrower Edition
2,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The seller I picked up my GTR from included the AAM GT650-R package and in lieu of selling it all I'm considering just saving it and installing it sometime this year. The 2.75" intakes will be replaced with 3" intakes, the HKS BOV's will be replaced with GFB's & some have told me that I should go with the ID1000's instead of these Deatchwerks 900cc injectors. Are they more difficult to tune vs. the ID1000's? What are the power limits for them on pump gas as well as E85?

·
Registered
5,224 Posts
The seller I picked up my GTR from included the AAM GT650-R package and in lieu of selling it all I'm considering just saving it and installing it sometime this year. The 2.75" intakes will be replaced with 3" intakes, the HKS BOV's will be replaced with GFB's & some have told me that I should go with the ID1000's instead of these Deatchwerks 900cc injectors. Are they more difficult to tune vs. the ID1000's? What are the power limits for them on pump gas as well as E85?
We had a set of DW900cc injectors for our GTR and when we popped in the ID1000s there was a noticeable difference. Idle and startup was better on the ID1000s.

I have tuned a e85 car on the 900cc injectors but I guessing you would maxed out

If you plan in going STG2 E85 go with ID, FIC, or SIR.

John

·
Vendor
4,614 Posts
An aggressive tune on E85 with 900cc injectors will max them out. I'd go with ID 1000's like John says.

Make sure you look at our 3" intakes when you are ready.

·
LiMiTLeSs
3,224 Posts
We had a set of DW900cc injectors for our GTR and when we popped in the ID1000s there was a noticeable difference. Idle and startup was better on the ID1000s.

I have tuned a e85 car on the 900cc injectors but I guessing you would maxed out

If you plan in going STG2 E85 go with ID, FIC, or SIR.

John
Out of curiosity would DW950cc be maxed out on an e85 tune?

·
Registered
187 Posts
Tony

My current setup has ID1000's and SIR pumps and they are maxed out on E85. I am seeing ~92% at redline on E85 even with boost dropping off to 14psi. Remember your car has actuators so those 900s are gonn be way out of range.

So yes, I would get the ID1000s. After using Tony1 injectors on my personal car as well as every build in the shop, I must say there really is no "tuning" involved the damn things always want to idle and startup perfectly! Less work for me!

I have used just about every injector out there for any make and model, and I must say ID takes the cakes in all categories.

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
The 1000cc injectors will be at 90-97% duty cycle on E85 at redline. Thats what I have in my car, and what most use.

But if you are looking for a bit more room, you can go with my 1150cc injectors and be in the low 80% range on E85 at redline.

·
GT1R Flame Thrower Edition
2,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ok well that clears up that question.
However if I hold off on going E85, then, with downpipes, midpipe, 3" intakes, WGA'S, & drop in pumps how would the 900cc's do on an ~18psi setup on 93 as well as MS109 with a little more boost. My guess would be 70-80% injector duty cycle

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.