Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You may remember the car from a while back from some of the street videos i posted. Well it hit the local dyno after getting a new exhaust fabricated as well as new Forge intercoolers. Car has not been retuned but did pick up power since the last dyno session. At 1.5bar (roughly 21psi) it made 690whp 590wtq on the dynojet. It's ashame it never got a clean run with with the local upgraded turbo GT-R (which is now alpha10 & 850whp on pump), but what can ya do. I'd still expect a run between the two for some fun footage in a few months so keep an eye out for it.

·
Registered
805 Posts
Stock internals? I know he's pushing the limits once you approach 700. Must be an awesome car all around though.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Stock internals? I know he's pushing the limits once you approach 700. Must be an awesome car all around though.
Yep stock longblock, def getting close to the limits. Seems EPL did a nice job on the tune to help keep things as safe as possible. Hopefully he gets a retune by them soon and can come back and easily break 700whp. There has been word that this dyno is reading 10% "low" but honestly i'm not a firm beleive in that yet.

·
R35 GT-R
2,070 Posts
Nice car. No worries on the internals, as they are essentially forged from the factory. Switzer was making 914whp on stock internals on their Sledgehammer 997TT for a long time. Never had an issue. It's all in the tuning.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nice car. No worries on the internals, as they are essentially forged from the factory. Switzer was making 914whp on stock internals on their Sledgehammer 997TT for a long time. Never had an issue. It's all in the tuning.
Like you said its all in the tune. How dif are 996 and 997 motors though? I know the rods are the weak point in the 996 from what i've been told by multiple porsche owners.

·
R35 GT-R
2,070 Posts
Like you said its all in the tune. How dif are 996 and 997 motors though? I know the rods are the weak point in the 996 from what i've been told by multiple porsche owners.
The same rods are in both motors. The only differences are cams and headwork, so the 997 motor breathes a bit better. "Rods are the only weak point" is a standard saying for Porsche owners. But they are still forged and much stronger than the rods most cars come with from the factory.

Boost Logic had a 996TT making 868 rwhp on stock internals on MS109. That car went 10.08 @ 149.3 on that package with no issues. All in the tune.

To make even more power they ended up building the motor on that car, and when they pulled out and looked at the stock rods, they were perfect. The car with a built motor now makes 1040 rwhp on E85, and has trapped 155.7 and 60-130'd in 3.92.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Is it me, but I thinking those fans are place in a bad location. If you look the fan's intake, it's pointing right at the exhaust, which will suck exhaust gas and feed it right back into the engine.

·
R35 GT-R
2,070 Posts
Is it me, but I thinking those fans are place in a bad location. If you look the fan's intake, it's pointing right at the exhaust, which will suck exhaust gas and feed it right back into the engine.
The fans are pointing right at the ICs.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The same rods are in both motors. The only differences are cams and headwork, so the 997 motor breathes a bit better. "Rods are the only weak point" is a standard saying for Porsche owners. But they are still forged and much stronger than the rods most cars come with from the factory.

Boost Logic had a 996TT making 868 rwhp on stock internals on MS109. That car went 10.08 @ 149.3 on that package with no issues. All in the tune.

To make even more power they ended up building the motor on that car, and when they pulled out and looked at the stock rods, they were perfect. The car with a built motor now makes 1040 rwhp on E85, and has trapped 155.7 and 60-130'd in 3.92.
Thanks for the info! Maybe the rods issue is something porsche owners like to claim.

·
Troller
3,473 Posts

That is what happens when your engine is basically the engine same from the 911 GT1.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Like Scott said Metzger based engine is the Turbo, GT3 and GT2 are bulletproof and shows Porsche racing heritage/lessons learned.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts