98 Posts
Mods:
Stock runflats 15k miles on them
Sbd intakes
Sbd downpipes
Hks mid/catback
Inj/pump
Ecutek 93 octane tuned by Linney

Drove an hour to the track.... Thru tech.... And straight to the lane to the first pass. Car literally was on for over an hour and then did its first run. No cool down. Track prep was non existant. We expected that though.

Ambient Temperature - 84 degrees
DA -2394
Humidity - 50%
Track Elevation - 510ft

1st pass was a 10.97 at 128. Launched at 4k rpm. Stock runflats on 36psi. Did not remember to even check them.

Run was done on R C Off Auto mode

On 36psi tire pressure i dont think the 1.73 60' was bad. We lowered the tire pressure to 25 all around and raised the launch to 4250 but it gave us too much spin. And a 11.0 time.

Going to go back in a few weeks on 93 octane still. On a cool night. Im sure if the 60' came down to a 1.60 on the runflats a 10.7 pass would be do-able

·
Founder/Admin
26,229 Posts
your car is definitely making good power to run a 10.9 with that 60ft and a 7.1 1/8th

youve got 2 tenths left in it with a 1.6x 60ft

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
your car is definitely making good power to run a 10.9 with that 60ft and a 7.1 1/8th

youve got 2 tenths left in it with a 1.6x 60ft
Thanks mc. I think so too..

Yea it picks up 28mph on the back half which i think is pretty good in the 84 degree weather. Im def going back next week maybe if its in the 60 in the evening.

I believe a 1.6x 60 is possible on the runflat dunlops. I may need to lower launch control. It seemed to break a tiny bit loose even at 4k launch.

·
Registered
3,583 Posts
Shouldn't a FBO 2013 get better times than 10.9? Stock ones can do 11.0-11.1

·
Registered
132 Posts
Yeah mine completely stock did 11.1 with bad oem runflats. Just got the FBO so we'll see what happens now and also brand new Nitto Invos with wider sizes.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah mine completely stock did 11.1 with bad oem runflats. Just got the FBO so we'll see what happens now and also brand new Nitto Invos with wider sizes.
Nice!! R u on ethanol? I dont want to do e just yet... I would like to crack a smile 10.7 first on 93... I just ordered nt05r for the rear and nt05 fronts. I am going back in a few weekends... On a friday night when its a lot cooler and im letting the car cool down a bit instead of going straight at it.

·
Registered
9,691 Posts
Congrats. I've seen plenty of 1.6x on the stock all seasons. Trap prep obviously means a great deal for that.

·
e85 member
2,724 Posts
Congrats. I've seen plenty of 1.6x on the stock all seasons. Trap prep obviously means a great deal for that.
Indeed--I've actually cut a 1.54 60' on the all seasons before. Nice run OP!

·
R.I.P. Paul Walker
7,534 Posts
Indeed--I've actually cut a 1.54 60' on the all seasons before. Nice run OP!
+1 I cut a few 1.5x's on the stock dunlop runflats (summer) without adjusting tire pressure. 35-36psi.... With better prep and better tires, you should be at 10.6ish

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
+1 I cut a few 1.5x's on the stock dunlop runflats (summer) without adjusting tire pressure. 35-36psi.... With better prep and better tires, you should be at 10.6ish
Nice!!! Very encouraging.

The track prep was garbage. I talked to my tuner and he recommended starting at 3,000 launch and workig my way up. There were mostly street cars at the track and no real rubber was laid down at the line..... Given i was the 4th car to run i had shit for traction. At a better prepped track i could possibly hook 4k launch

Gotta play with that a bit

·
R35 member
3,086 Posts
Nice!!! Very encouraging.

The track prep was garbage. I talked to my tuner and he recommended starting at 3,000 launch and workig my way up. There were mostly street cars at the track and no real rubber was laid down at the line..... Given i was the 4th car to run i had shit for traction. At a better prepped track i could possibly hook 4k launch

Gotta play with that a bit
Just pedal it out of the hole and you will cut a real good 60 ft. When I launch, as the car takes off, I back my foot off the throttle about a quarter of the way and then slam it back down again real quick. After doing it a bunch of times, you get a real good feel for the car's traction. I was able to cut of 1.63 60 put time on the stock runflats at 29 psi. Your times look great for the heat that you were dealing with. As the temp drops into the seventy's and then the sixties, your car's et will drop as well.

Sent from my SM-G900T1 using GT-R Life mobile app

·
Registered
9,691 Posts
^^ plenty of guys, but they usually swap the turbos as it makes things a lot easier.

·
Founder/Admin
26,229 Posts
1.57 for me stock dunlops 29psi up front 28psi rear comfort suspension

·
Registered
990 Posts
I ran 10.75 with the same mods as the OP but stock cat back.

Sent from my iPhone using GT-R Life mobile app

1 - 20 of 20 Posts