Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So after a little Sunday afternoon impulse shopping, I'm lighter 1 M3 and have gained a beautiful GTR! I'd been pining for one since I had my 911 but at 30k miles a year my mileage was just too high to justify one. Thankfully I'm down to 6k+ a year now so after almost 8 months and 18k miles in my M3 it was time to move on.

I'm so pleased with it, having driven just about every exotic on the market today and past, I really do appreciate how incredible this car is, especially given its reasonable price tag.

First mods will be carbon door handles and center console but I'm very much lost on which vendor would be best to go with on those. After that I guess I may go with an Akra exhaust since I miss the one I had on my M3 a lot!

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
congrats welcome!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Car is soo clean and looks great! Congrats. I saw your post on the M3 forums btw. Some of those guys are ridiculous!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Car is soo clean and looks great! Congrats. I saw your post on the M3 forums btw. Some of those guys are ridiculous!
The thread on m3post is ridiculous. Anyone would think I've gone to these owners houses and shot their dogs or something!

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
It's an '09, 1 owner, low mileage car, very clean with a full clear bra on most of the car already on it.
Red wasn't my initial choice but seeing it in the flesh, I fell in love with it almost immediately.

The thread on m3post is ridiculous. Anyone would think I've gone to these owners houses and shot their dogs or something!
Red really does look great when you see it up close... also can you post the link to the other thread?

·
Registered
977 Posts
Congrats! When the GTR was first released I was surprised how mad it made the other "car enthusiasts". It's great to know it still does.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
The m3 forum is full of straight IDIOTS. They tout their overrated cars as the next coming of the Messiah. Truth of the matter is that they are underpowered, overrated 3 series, give me the 3.5tt Bimmers any day.

What the heck was BMW thinking?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The m3 forum is full of straight IDIOTS. They tout their overrated cars as the next coming of the Messiah. Truth of the matter is that they are underpowered, overrated 3 series, give me the 3.5tt Bimmers any day.

What the heck was BMW thinking?
To be fair, the M3 is a good car, it wouldn't receive the praise it does if it wasn't. That said, it was a marked step down from my 911S and to be honest I was plagued with very poor build quality and service issues from the get go. Flaking wheels that BMW couldn't fix and refused to replace, rattles from the dash that they would fix only for 2 new ones to appear and of course the really poor quality paint.

It had a great engine though and the gearbox while not PDK good, was pretty solid. I also loved the sound of mine with the Akrapovic exhaust. It served its purpose for me but it's nice to be back in something exclusive again, Especially since this is my daily driver.

I need a carbon fascia for my HVAC and a carbon center console ASAP, do you have any recommendations without breaking the bank?

I'm torn between the Akra slip on at the moment or the Agency Power exhaust. That's going to be a tough one.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Perhaps I was a little harsh. Yes- the M3 is a good car, absolutely. However- the way the people at M3 forum tout it makes it seem like it's the greatest thing ever made. You can't go to that forum and post about any other vehicle without being flamed.

However- the new M3 has lost that uniqueness the e30, e36, e46 had. Even the e46 was pushing it, I'll never get rid of my e36.

Recommend getting your oem pieces wrapped, if that's not your thing- go to the "interior" section and there are vendors that sell replacement parts and overlays.

Good luck!

·
Registered
135 Posts
Congrats. I actually went from GTR to M3 to GT3RS. lol. Loved the car but it was too harsh for me. I'm also old school so I like my third pedals

·
Alpha 10
3,763 Posts
Congratulations, and welcome to the forums. As for carbon fiber, new company revozsport seems pretty promising as well as rex-speed

·
Registered
705 Posts
Congrats, I too saw your posting on m3post! I mentioned we had the same color haha. You'll like it here better than m3post, no one will envy you as much here. And not too many asses here. Enjoy

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Add tint and clears.:)

·
Registered
350 Posts
So after a little Sunday afternoon impulse shopping, I'm lighter 1 M3 and have gained a beautiful GTR! I'd been pining for one since I had my 911 but at 30k miles a year my mileage was just too high to justify one. Thankfully I'm down to 6k+ a year now so after almost 8 months and 18k miles in my M3 it was time to move on.

I'm so pleased with it, having driven just about every exotic on the market today and past, I really do appreciate how incredible this car is, especially given its reasonable price tag.

First mods will be carbon door handles and center console but I'm very much lost on which vendor would be best to go with on those. After that I guess I may go with an Akra exhaust since I miss the one I had on my M3 a lot!

here is my , we look twin.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Congrats to you. You've pretty much driven the three cars that are most interesting to me at this point:)
I also read the thread on m3pst. The funniest part is that the biggest fanboi/hater doesn't even drive an M3 - he drives a 328i!

1 - 20 of 61 Posts