Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About to lay down a deposit and I am curious: Has anyone been successful at negotiating a sales price below MSRP? Especially those in AZ;)

Thanks!

·
Vendor
5,237 Posts
Pricing for the 2013 hasn't been officially announced yet...

·
Registered
103 Posts
I would say below MSPR deals wont be happening until July or August, once the initial demand dies down. But if you play the waiting game you run the risk of the supply running out. Just put down the deposit and get it at MSRP, its still a good deal.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Power Nissan in Phoenix is calling me tomorrow. If I can save a grand or two, I'll try. Jim Click in Tucson has been awesome to me. I have been in there time and time again and they have been consistently `respectful and just cool with me. MSRP is a good deal though;)

Either way, the deposit is being laid down by Friday.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Like Onore says, basically.
Since allotments are lean and being grabbed up at msrp, that's pretty much the deal.
Waiting could work, but not so well last year, although there was a brief dip below msrp at some dealers in NE before the disaster hit. After that, you were looking at markups instead.
So no way to know.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I DEF don't want to wait and play chicken with a bunch of people that can and will jump at MSRP. Since I am willing to pay MSRP and it is a smidge early in the game, firured I'd play a bit;)

The only concern now is that I KNOW how I feel about the GMG but not Deep Blue:(

How does the Blue look in person in comparison?

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
I know just how you feel on both accounts.
A) better to lock down the sure thing.
B) always liked the DMG, but blue is of great interest.

I have not actually seen the blue in person yet, but the photos and vids have me convinced. Some things look better in person, but in my experience, rarely does it go the other direction all that much, so I am confidently taking the plunge. After feasting my retinas on the blue pix, the gun just doesnt get my photoreceptors buzzing all that much.

Now my backup would probably be white or red, esp for a premium. The black looks quite good in BE, i've seen one lof those.
But even the various orange aftermarket versions are growing on me. Funny how it works.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I am still seeing them on Autotrader, but I am not in a position to buy until June/July.

The Blue is amazing. White had my eye for a bit, especially when they made it have a little pearl effect;)

1st Goes to Blue, 2nd to GMG, 3rd to White; all in Premium with tint, floor mats, and a car cover;)

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
you can get a really good deal on NEW 2012 cause dealers still have it in their inventory...
At least around here (West coast) any leftover models (not even sure there are any left) are only unsold because the dealers are holding out for a stiff markup.
So the usual logic does not apply so well when it comes to DBA.
But there could be some deals tucked away elsewhere in the country. Requires luck, connections, or a lot of research.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
@Kcee-I talked to a guy there yesterday. They were cool, but I have decided to buy at Jim Click. They are only getting one. Since I am willing to pay MSRP, anything over that(tinting, mats, comped services, etc.) is more icing on a sweet cake;)

Thanks for the tip!

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Did you see the price of thee premium, Kcee? Looking like 95K + Destination charge. Still unconfirmed.....

1 - 20 of 29 Posts