Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently got into a car accident and was hit at the right headlight in an angle that pushes my a frame about 5 inches over. No air bag was deploy the hood
was moved over to the left about 5 inches. I drove
the car and it drives perfect. I took it to the body shop a week later and they said my engine have to be remove so they could bent back the a frame and it cost total of 45000. Does this sound right? Just to bent back the a frame would cost that much. When I came back a week later
They have remove everything . My car was barbone except for the interior of the car. Is this needed just to bent the a frame
Back? Than my insurance claim it unrepairable. I told him it was just the a frame bent slightly and the car runs perfectly after the accident. Are trying to screw me so they can give me low blue book than resell the car for higher value?

·
Super Moderator
3,445 Posts
I had an on track accident with my GTR not too long ago.

Do you mean the a frame or a pillar? Either way it should be repairable. Do you have pics of the bare chassis so that we can see the damage.

In terms of ride. The car will drive fine one the suspension mounting points have not moved. That is the critical part of the car.

In terms of the A-pillar, it will need to be pulled in order to get the door and fender etc to fit right. Either that or you can cut it out and weld in new replacement parts.

·
Registered
755 Posts
You had to have meant $4500, not $45K. What does you insurance company say about it? If it was $45K, they would total it without a second thought.

·
Registered
5,184 Posts
My insurance company didn't pay me blue book value, they paid me the approximate going rate for similar cars in my area. If you can demonstrate that to replace your car with a similar one same year and mileage then that should be what they will give you...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I recently got into a car accident and was hit at the right headlight in an angle that pushes my a frame about 5 inches over. No air bag was deploy the hood
was moved over to the left about 3 inches. I drove the car and it drives perfect. I took it to the body shop a week later and they said my engine have to be remove so they could bent back the a frame and it cost total of 45000. Does this sound right? Just to bent back the a frame would cost that much. When I came back a week later
They have remove everything . My car was barbone except for the interior of the car. Is this needed just to bent the a frame
Back? Than my insurance claim it unrepairable. I told him it was just the "a" frame(frame that hold the engine) bent slightly and the car runs perfectly after the accident. Are trying to screw me so they can give me low blue book than resell the car for higher value?

Attachments

·
Registered
783 Posts
a good shop can fix the bent front rails with the correct hydrolics. but if they're bent badly past the engine mount, they may need to replace them all the way back to the fire wall area.

It's hard to tell without seeing it from underneath or inside the engine compartment, but it lloks like the passanger side rail would be "swayed" and should be fixable...

but alot of ins companies don't like to hear "bent frame"

·
Premium Member
1,307 Posts
this look like an easy fix don't look like it have a bent frame.
look like it need fender, head light and hood.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts