Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Hey everyone,

We just wrapped up a GT-R build equipped with our GT800-R Turbos. After dwelling over a fuel problem we encountered during preliminary runs, we finally completed the necessary fuel system to support 700+whp. To make more than say 650 or so, an increase in fuel delivery is essential.

With our fuel system bolted on (details coming in a different thread), it was back to the dyno.

The results WITH CATS (3rd Gear):

702AWHP / 618AWTQ SAE @ 21 psi w/ 100 octane.

708AWHP / 623AWTQ Uncorrected " "

The only limiting factor was the boost cut associated with the OE sensor which kicks in a little over 21psi or so. The transmission performed well for the most part - but as the car heated up and day wore on the clutch slipped slightly past 680. Once a viable option is available, hopefully HKS for ems, I'm sure we can squeeze more out with boost. Regardless the COBB performed flawlessly coupled with the OE pressure sensor up to around 21~22psi.

Also, I want to give a big shout out and thanks to Jorge for his patience and understanding while we finished up his beast! It'll be back in your hands soon!

Build Details:

AAM GT800-R Turbo Kit
AAM 3" High Flow Cats
AAM 3" -> 3.5" Resonate Mid-Pipe
AAM V2 Intake Kit
AAM Wastegate Actuators
AAM Transmission Cooler w/ Fan Pack
AAM Oil Cooler w/ Fan pack
AAM GT-R Fuel System
- Fuel Rails
- A Twin Pump assembly with machined aluminum cage and new filters which bolt into the
factory sending unit
- Feed & Return Lines
- Aeromotive Fuel Pressure Regulator
TRUST Ti Exhaust
HKS BOV Kit
Esprit FMIC
COBB AP
Denso 800cc injectors
MINES goodies

·
Registered
155 Posts
Thanks Clint,Mike and the AAM crew. I really cant wait to get her back. its been a while. luckly my friend Eric lets me take his for a spin at times.haha

·
Registered
375 Posts
Any chance of getting a dyno run on pump gas? Preferably 91 octane?

·
Registered
0 Posts
Any chance of getting a dyno run on pump gas? Preferably 91 octane?
We made around 660 on 93 Pump with an almost identical set-up. We did not finish dynoing because of a lack of fuel pressure. I'll be reposting and bumping that thread as soon as that car is finished up with the new fuel system in a couple of days. So the official and streetable (not just dyno) power levels for 93 octane are still up in the air for a few more days. You can view it here
: http://www.nagtroc.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=32158

·
Registered
155 Posts
Correction on the video the mod list says Password JDM front grille,(its actually Mines, although I do have the Password JDM rear Diffuser fins
not thats its a big deal, im just saying.

·
Registered
3,626 Posts
Nice!

·
Registered
1,012 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
I can not wait until my GTR is done from you guys. The only question is what can the bottom end of these cars handle. I know we can make 700 plus but will the motor survive past this amount. Does anyone on here really know the limits of the factory lower end?

·
Registered
155 Posts
I can not wait until my GTR is done from you guys. The only question is what can the bottom end of these cars handle. I know we can make 700 plus but will the motor survive past this amount. Does anyone on here really know the limits of the factory lower end?
Your telling me, i cant wait to get her back. im anxiously waiting.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I think I am going to do the rods and pistons over on the gtr. I just want to be safe if I want to beat the hell out of it I do not want to worry about a engine failure.

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
I think I am going to do the rods and pistons over on the gtr. I just want to be safe if I want to beat the hell out of it I do not want to worry about a engine failure.
Just so you know running rods and pistons doesnt make your car no longer prone to detonation...

Yes it should be able to handle more power but dont think things still cant go wrong. Especially when getting into the internals of a car.

Good luck with your build

·
Registered
175 Posts
As you might know I am shopping around for turbo upgrades but now you say something that worries me with the clutches slipping when you run the car. How do you know this is happening and what can I do to avoid it?

·
Premium Member
11,288 Posts
if you upgrade turbo's you will probably rebuild your trans at some point in time. it most likly wont be sooner than later... there are already kits that have provent themselfs at these high hp ranges without issues, they have done proper tuning, consult3 adjustments, upgraded fluid and cooling.

the guys at AKUMA have been doing alot of R&D on the tuning with cobb and the consult3 also has some settings for clutch slippage aswell. the other things you can do are upgrade your fluid and cooling to help prolong it.

or back down the power - see last comment.

when the time comes for a rebuild there are already parts and shops to do it.

also note i just saw a thread from someone else that said alot of this power is causing issues with the front LSD (on the race track) so they are creating a fix for that.

how does the phrase go, have your cake and eat it too?

·
Registered
0 Posts
As you might know I am shopping around for turbo upgrades but now you say something that worries me with the clutches slipping when you run the car. How do you know this is happening and what can I do to avoid it?
As I mentioned in the 1st post, the transmission performed very well for the most part. Never once did it cause a limp mode. The GR6 only showed remote signs of slippage during runs over 680whp - and only after a lot consecutive runs built up heat. Unfortunately, it is hard to provide airflow on the dyno that is equivalent to what is seen on the road. It is easy to heat up the car on a summer day on the dyno. We let the car cool off a lot between runs, but making 700awhp also makes a lot of heat!

The transmission felt solid on the street. Out on the street (or track) we're able to get airflow the car needs to stay cool and operate correctly - and lots of it. BTW, the car is insane on the road. Simply unfair.

I cannot stress enough that cooling upgrades make a HUGE difference. Trans cooler, oil cooler, new fluids etc. On the dyno with limited airflow, we saw 8 degree temp decrease just from switching on the fan-pack running on the core. (I'll have a full range of operating data available soon)

With cooling mods, If you enjoy street cruising, street pull, and don't plan on launching your GT-R hard at the track you can make a lot of power and enjoy reliability.

We will be stocking Dodson GR6 components shortly - including gearsets. And we will be well equipped to make repairs and upgrades in-house. So if you want to make that 700whp stick, and you want the ability to beat the hell of the GR6 and not worry, there are now a lot of options

·
Registered
662 Posts
I'd also like to mention if the clutch slippage becomes an issue we are releasing a new clutch kit rated to at least 800ft/lbs of torque; the clutch kit retails for $1399.

That will solve any clutch slipping issues you might have ;)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts