Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
UPDATE: 8/10/09 - New Pictures added below - We also are finishing up our complete fuel system and should have it up on this particular vehicle within the next week. Along with our intercooler. We'll be back on the dyno to make some full passes at 19psi on 93 pump - I'm expecting more tq and as much or more power. Stay Tuned!

Hey everyone,

Our long awaited AAM GT800-R Turbo Upgrades are finally here. The engineering process took considerably longer than I expected but they turned out remarkable. We finally got our turbo upgrades on the dyno and all I can say is WOW!! Simply put, these things are mean. Boosts come on as fast as stock and comes on like a sledgehammer. We've only made a couple pulls so far - we'll be testing throughout the day the COBB & EVC to extract more HP & TQ.

This run was our SECOND PASS @ 19psi 93 Octane Pump Gas WITH CATS!!!! (3rd gear) These turbos have CONSIDERABLY MORE LEFT IN THEM. 700whp should be a piece of cake! MORE UPDATES COMING SOON once we update the fuel system to handle all the new found power

I also want to give a HUGE thank to Tom (2009GTRSS) - we appreciate your input and support throughout the build. We wouldn't be here with out you.

Vehicle Setup

2009 Nissan GT-R - Super Silver
AAM Competition I/C Pipe Kit w SSQV
AAM Competition V.2 Intake Kit
AAM Competition W/G Actuators
AAM Competition GT800-R Bolt-On Turbocharger Upgrades
AAM Competition FPR Gauge Adapter
AAM Competition Oil Cooler Kit
AAM Competition Exhaust
AAM Competition 3" Catted Downpipes
AAM Competition 3" Resonated Mid-Pipe
HKS EVC
HKS Spark Plugs
Denso 800cc Injectors
COBB Sways
COBB Coilover Conversion
COBB AP - Custom AAM Tune

http://i221.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid221.photobucket.com/albums/dd216/AlteredPhotos/MVI_9776.flv

http://i221.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid221.photobucket.com/albums/dd216/AlteredPhotos/MVI_9775.flv

·
Registered
0 Posts
Amazing Just AMAZING, maybe someday i will do that to mine. but i like exact numbers so i think itll be 700HP sounds killer ,anyway beautiful car!
THANKS! I feel the same way. I was blown away - especially considering we just started tuning and it was on pump gas. I'm expecting BIGGER numbers coming in the next few weeks if all goes well. LOL, I nice even 700 would be great.

·
Registered
3,177 Posts
Keep up the great work guys.

SSP Performance
Very nice... stop showing me all these videos with turbo upgrades.. or im going to be stuck investing another 10,000 dollar chunk into the car for turbos and IC's and all the other toys lol.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Nice. Any chance you can post a dyno showing both before and after curves together on the same graph... or even two separate ones would be helpful.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Look very promising now we need to have price and finally numbers to compare with all the other kits out there. Very good work and congrats!! Looking foward to the final result.

·
Registered
513 Posts
nm

·
Premium Member
4,308 Posts
Good work guys, sounds good with the catted downpipes. Impressing numbers.

·
Registered
3,626 Posts
Love the sound, nice and throaty...and you can still hear the turbos whine.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Love the sound, nice and throaty...and you can still hear the turbos whine.
The video doesn't do it justice! The turbos are loud and standing by the car on the dyno, you can clearly hear the w/gs open even though their internal! I loooooooooove it.
Lets see a supra make 650 on pump (no meth) with a wide powerband!

·
Registered
129 Posts
Awesome, I can't wait to get some time in the drivers seat...

I want to give my thanks to everyone at AAM for making this the best performance shop experience ever your attention to detail has been stellar from the preplanning conversations to the updates along the way and unbeliveable resaults from your efforts.

Sincerely

Tom Nicholson

·
Who Dat !
7,797 Posts
wow, always a great job guys... makes my 550+ hp seem tame lol..... have fun with it tom!

·
Registered
115 Posts
First nice numbers.

But Im not liking the constant dip in power throughout the powerband, especially at the top of the curve.

Also it looks like your making full boost at around 4500rpms or so, which tells me that your more then likely on a slightly larger turbo then some of the other shops, so you better get to 700whp!!

But numbers are just numbers.

And Im not trying to knock just a little concerned with what I see.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Nice numbers.

Im not liking the constant dip in power throughout the powerband, especially at the top of the curve.

Also it looks like your making full boost at around 4500rpms or so, which tells me you that your on a slightly larger turbo then some of the other shops, so you better get to 700whp!!

But numbers are just numbers.

And Im not trying to knock just a little concerned with what I see.
The dyno graph poasted is the result of they're second pull with minium tuning.

·
Registered
115 Posts
The dyno graph poasted is the result of they're second pull with minium tuning.
Well that answers everything

Just my opinion... It looks like its knocking a little. Idk maybe Im wrong.

If it needs more "fine tuning" probably want to richen it a little in some spots, which would probably net less HP- if you care about numbers.

As far as spool up goes, it would depend on what gear they dyno'd your car in. That could change it. From the one video it sounds like they are in 3rd gear so that could be the reason for longer spool up, but if you went into 4th, then again, numbers would go down somewhat. Also you could play with the air/fuel mixtures a bit and ad timing here and there, but I dont think its going to do all that much.

Not being a dick just seems like it does need some more "fine tuning"

Do you have a FMIC?

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
THANKS! I feel the same way. I was blown away - especially considering we just started tuning and it was on pump gas. I'm expecting BIGGER numbers coming in the next few weeks if all goes well. LOL, I nice even 700 would be great.
stock FMIC?

I really like how the HP & TQ dont fall off a cliff after 6k rpms like a lot of kits, especially the TQ on most of the dyno maps i have seen the TQ just fall off

Have you guys talked to Underpressure yet to try and tune a car using the Halltech vs the Cobb? it seems like these high HP machines would do better with the Halltech, unless Cobb has released a new software version that helps you tuners tune the car better

but very awesome build to say the least

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
stock FMIC?

I really like how the HP & TQ dont fall off a cliff after 6k rpms like a lot of kits, especially the TQ on most of the dyno maps i have seen the TQ just fall off

Have you guys talked to Underpressure yet to try and tune a car using the Halltech vs the Cobb? it seems like these high HP machines would do better with the Halltech, unless Cobb has released a new software version that helps you tuners tune the car better

but very awesome build to say the least
Yes, Stock IC. However, this car is getting our intercooler. We're just not quite done with it - very soon though. And don't get me wrong - this type of build NEEDS an intercooler. The factory IC is just not efficient enough to support this power over sustained periods of time. This particular vehicle will have our core equipped once this GT-R is ready for sustained high-power driving (drag, road race etc).

We'd like to bump the rev limit up a bit as well. As I see these turbos increasing and holding power & boost weel past 7500rpm.

We have not talked to underpressure abuot the Haltech, but it is a good alternative. Since however we are HKS pro certified, we may end up going that route first. Only time will tell - the COBB seems to be holding its own up to this point.

The car is back on the dyno today for more testing/tuning. Today we are working on the EVC settings as well as more tuning.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Yes, Stock IC. However, this car is getting our intercooler. We're just not quite done with it - very soon though. And don't get me wrong - this type of build NEEDS an intercooler. The factory IC is just not efficient enough to support this power over sustained periods of time. This particular vehicle will have our core equipped once this GT-R is ready for sustained high-power driving (drag, road race etc).

We'd like to bump the rev limit up a bit as well. As I see these turbos increasing and holding power & boost weel past 7500rpm.

We have not talked to underpressure abuot the Haltech, but it is a good alternative. Since however we are HKS pro certified, we may end up going that route first. Only time will tell - the COBB seems to be holding its own up to this point.

The car is back on the dyno today for more testing/tuning. Today we are working on the EVC settings as well as more tuning.
Great work!! looks like you went a little larger on the turbos than most.

Can you post some pics and specs on the turbos? Estimated pricing? Availability?

1 - 20 of 43 Posts