Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
675AWHP/[email protected] 93 Octane Pump Gas! With our AAM GT800-R Turbocharger Upgrade and through our 3" High Flow Catted Downpipes

After ironing out our fuel issues, Toms Super silver was ready for the dyno today! We previously made 660whp on [email protected], but we were lacking fuel. Now that we have a full fuel system available for the GT-R to provide PLENTY of fuel we can really start turning up these cars! The day was nice and cool and allowed us a little more dyno time than normal. Even though we were only on 93oct, this car just wanted more and more boost. We kept going up, and it kept responding. And again, the COBB performed very well at this power and boost level.

Next up for this Super Silver - RACE GAS AND MORE BOOST = 700+AWHP! Plus Lots and lots of transmission upgrades so that 680+whp can be put to the ground from a dig without worry!

I also want to give a HUGE thank to Tom (2009GTRSS) - we appreciate your input and support throughout the build. We wouldn't be here with out you.

Vehicle Setup

2009 Nissan GT-R - Super Silver
AAM Competition GT800-R Turbocharger Upgrades
AAM Competition I/C Pipe Kit w SSQV
AAM Competition V.2 Intake Kit
AAM Competition W/G Actuators
AAM Competition FMIC
AAM Competition Fuel System (With Rails and Twin Pump Assembly)
AAM Competition Oil Cooler Kit
AAM Competition 90mm Adjustable Exhaust
AAM Competition 3" Catted Downpipes
AAM Competition 3 --> 3.5" Resonated Mid-Pipe
HKS EVC
HKS Spark Plugs
Denso 800cc Injectors
COBB Sways
COBB Coilover Conversion
COBB AP - Custom AAM Tune

Here is a comparo of before the turbo upgrade and after

AAM GT800R 93 Octane VS Stock Turbo w/ COBB & AAM Midpipe/Cats 93 Octane

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Are you using SSP tranny upgrades?

·
Registered
0 Posts
Added a video of a 20 & 21psi runs. Car pulls soooooooooooooooo hard with 650whtq.

Are you using SSP tranny upgrades?
Yano, SSP does make some great componenets. But for awhile now we've been working with Dodson Motorsports as well as Limey Racing recently to come up with a plan for GR6 transmission upgrades. I'm hoping to get some GR6 stuff on the shelf here by the end of September. Currently, we're in the process of planning two transmission builds (including gear sets) over the next month or so. So whatever we end up doing to those transmissions, I'll try to stock doubles of everything.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
I love the fact you are posting SAE dyno graphs with smoothing to 5...that is the best method of comparing cars across the US. I hate the dreaded inflated STD numbers, I'm glad you guys aren't one of those shops that post the STD numbers to make it look like your kits are making so much more than the others! Kudo's to you and the car!
Peter
p.s. what exhaust is on the car?

·
Registered
0 Posts
I love the fact you are posting SAE dyno graphs with smoothing to 5...that is the best method of comparing cars across the US. I hate the dreaded inflated STD numbers, I'm glad you guys aren't one of those shops that post the STD numbers to make it look like your kits are making so much more than the others! Kudo's to you and the car!
Peter
p.s. what exhaust is on the car?
Thanks Peter. I agree with SAE. And I have winpep on my computer so if anybody has any requests for graphs just let me know.

The Exhaust is our 90mm Adjustable Exhaust we make here at AAM. Even with the Exhaust shut and set-up in the quiet mode (literally quieter than stock and ABSOLUTELY NO DRONE) the car still made 660whp.

Here is a highlight video of the exhaust. Pics are from the prototype. The final product has far fewer welds.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Clint,
Another successful round of mods kudo's to everyone at AAM

Oh BTW this video does not show how much the car wants to jump off the dyno Mike needs to invest into more straps if your going to keep making this kind of power.......

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Clint,

Oh BTW this video does not show how much the car wants to jump off the dyno Mike needs to invest into more straps if your going to keep making this kind of power.......
Thanks! LOL, Ditto on the straps. So when are we throwing in race gas?

·
Registered
162 Posts
Congrats on another great build. I see that the tunning has really smoothed out on the dyno. Not so wavey ( not even sure if thats a word). No boost spikes? what is it holding till redline?

·
Registered
0 Posts
Congrats on another great build. I see that the tuning has really smoothed out on the dyno. Not so wavey ( not even sure if that's a word). No boost spikes? what is it holding till redline?
LOL, I'm pretty sure wavey is a real word - at least in my mind! The other graph was a little hectic - we only made a couple of passes before realizing we were going to run out of fuel.

Our wastegates, coupled with our turbo upgrade (OE housings and new CHRA)s, WILL HOLD WHATEVER WE WANT TO REDLINE. Dial in the boost, and it'll hold.
This particular car saw 21psi all the way out. Once the transmission is modified in the near future, we'll strap it back down and let it rip with some real boost!

·
Registered
3,177 Posts
LOL, I'm pretty sure wavey is a real word - at least in my mind! The other graph was a little hectic - we only made a couple of passes before realizing we were going to run out of fuel.

Our wastegates, coupled with our turbo upgrade (OE housings and new CHRA)s, WILL HOLD WHATEVER WE WANT TO REDLINE. Dial in the boost, and it'll hold.
This particular car saw 21psi all the out. Once the transmission is modified in the near future, we'l strap it back down and let it rip with some real boost!
wheres the efficiency on these turbos? Im guessing around 18psi ish?? but it will hold say 25 without issues (turbo / heat) problems.

·
Registered
162 Posts

This particular car saw 21psi all the out. Once the transmission is modified in the near future, we'l strap it back down and let it rip with some real boost!
Sounds great. Thanks for answering my questions Clint and awesome work you guys over at AAM are doing! Keep it up! Looking foward to seeing the final piece after the transmission is done.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Clint,

Hey Tom congrats on the build, thats a lot of power on pump gas. I'm still waiting for my car to get here, it should be here tomorrow(hopefully). Congrats AAM on another great build.

·
Registered
129 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Are you on LC1 or LC2?
LC2.....

It's not the LC the clutches are slipping in third and fourth thats why we are addressing the transmission before final testing and track times...

·
Registered
3,177 Posts
Added comparison graph of AAM GT800-R VS COBB AP w/ 3" AAM Midpipe & Cats for reference. Not a bad increase over an already modified GT-R on 93octane to boot.
damn i wish i could see what my car would do with the haltech and your setup

·
Registered
129 Posts
damn i wish i could see what my car would do with the haltech and your setup
I haven't heard anything good about the haltech but would be willing to look at options like the haltech and/or the F-con pro. I think as far as the GTR goes both systems have bugs that need to be worked out I've invested to much money to be there Guinea pig.

·
Registered
3,177 Posts
I haven't heard anything good about the haltech but would be willing to look at options like the haltech and/or the F-con pro. I think as far as the GTR goes both systems have bugs that need to be worked out I've invested to much money to be there Guinea pig.
well i have had haltech for about 2 months now.... i been guinea pigging for a while lol.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts