Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Hey everyone,

The AAM GT-R OE Replacement Intercooler is stocked and ready to ship. To say the least, I am very very pleased with the fitment and design. The core is a vertical flow twin inlet / twin outlet with an increase in volume, fin-count and surface area (taller/wider/deeper than OE ). It bolts directly in the OE location and allows you to retain the front impact beam as well as the OE pipe kit (if one chooses to do so). With some minor trimming on the Duct (side toward intercooler), the duct fits perfectly. This intercooler mounts to the factory i/c piping - so it should work with other aftermarket pipe kits as long as they are an accurate reflection of the OE pipes.

I added pressure drop and temp tables at the bottom outlining real world performance under fairly hot driving conditions. As we have now cracked the 700whp mark (coming in a later post), we feel that it is extremely important to increase the cooling capacity of the GT-R - for both reliability and power.

MSRP: 3499.99

IN-STOCK & Ready to Ship!

DATA TABLES

Below are the pressure drop and temp calculations. The results and calculations are based on an real world average Mid-Atlantic summer day of 85F with stock air boxes. Expect even better results under cooler denser air driving conditions as we approach the fall weather. The drop in temperature combined with less pressure drop will provide significant gains for your GT-R .

The three tables compare:

1.) Stock VS AAM Intercooler on a GT-R equipped with the OE IHI Turbos at 17psi

2.) Stock VS AAM Intercooler on a GT-R equipped with the AAM GT800-R Turbos @ 19psi

3.) Stock VS AAM Intercooler on a GT-R equipped with the AAM GT800-R Turbos @ 26Psi

·
Registered
129 Posts
Ok, so where's mine....

·
Registered
7,513 Posts
ok, I'm ready to buy one...what was the price again?

·
Registered
1,012 Posts

·
Registered
3,177 Posts
GREAT SHOTS

cant wait to see the updated data
Lookin Forward to it... Please stay a bit Aggressive on the price
.. lol.. Need this after my haltech and raised boost.

Mark

·
Who Dat !
7,797 Posts
Yea, I'll need one eventually... All my AAM parts have been super solid.... Tell ROB SON I said hi Clint! And I have a small red hot wheels gtr for mike

·
Who Dat !
7,797 Posts
IM stopping in Tuesday to get a retune

·
Premium Member
4,308 Posts
IM stopping in Tuesday to get a retune
Do you usually retune with the same mods on ( why )? or whenever u mod/add more stuff?

·
Who Dat !
7,797 Posts
usually retune after every set of mods I put on... I took the car before it was 100% tuned right a few weeks ago and just now am having time to finish the job.... You should retune after most major add-ons or even some minor ones like the intakes

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
can you put the factory duct back on?
Yes, with some minor trimming on the Duct (side toward intercooler), the duct fits perfectly. The front impact beam is also retained. This intercooler mounts to the factory i/c piping - so it should work with other aftermarket pipe kits as long as they are an accurate reflection of the OE pipes.

The intercooler is a little larger in overal height than the OE cores, so if you choose to do so, you can run it without the shoroud.

However, IMO, the shroud is there for a reason and it works - to trap that air and give it no other place to go other than through the core.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts