Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
We just wrapped up GT650-R build on a 2012 GT-R for an overseas customer. This time around, were lucky enough to have the opportunity to build a brand new White 2012 Black Edition.

We have a Red 09, and we've had the chance to work on every other color and year. After the BE's release, we were all looking forward to the day we would finally get to work on one in white. Once it rolled out of the trailer, it won us all over immediately. For those who've not seen one in person, its an absolutely stunning car. I don't think the pictures do it justice. Not only did it look good, but it also put down some power. Final numbers ended up at 562whp/613wtq on our awd Dynojet.

A big thanks to our customer for providing us the opportunity to build their 2012.

Great car, great color, even better numbers!

Enjoy the pics!

Build Details:

AAM GT650-R Upgrade Package
  • AAM 76MM Race DownPipes
  • AAM 76MM --> 90MM Resonated Mid-Pipe
  • AAM 90MM Sport Exhaust
  • AAM HP W/G Actuators
  • AAM Turbo Inlet Pipes
  • AAM Polished 3" R-Line Intake Kit
  • AAM Polished Upper I/C Pipe kit w/ HKS SSQVs
  • HKS Plugs
  • ID 1000cc Injectors
  • COBB AP

·
Registered
734 Posts
Wow awesome job! Great torque curves!

·
GT-R CRAZY
399 Posts
great numbers, hope his new owner enjoy it safely...

·
Premium Member
1,485 Posts
Nicely done... May I ask what peak boost was & what did it taper down to? We were only able to achieve 17.5 peak tapering to 13.5 on my '09, but we're using stock actuators.

Thx in advance.

·
Registered
7,513 Posts
sweet results!! and excellent color combo

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Great results for a 2012, makes me want to get more mods for my car.

I'm in love with the white black edition, but I would tell the owner to swap out the orange side markers for clear asap.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Great numbers & pics, congrats!

I've been thinking about getting a kit like this for my '10 for a year, talked to a couple vendors from this site as well. It sucks that I've been traveling a lot for work this year, haven't been home in LA much and only drove the car for 1000 miles this year. The result seems pretty similar if installed on a 09~11 car, since originally for the 650 kit, you guys said it will get 550+ whp on older cars, if i remember correctly...

My Nissan sales's been calling me to trade in for a 12, but I like my 10's look better, I know its just me

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
Nicely done... May I ask what peak boost was & what did it taper down to? We were only able to achieve 17.5 peak tapering to 13.5 on my '09, but we're using stock actuators.
With the upgraded actuators we run 18/19psi tapering to 16/17psi. The GT650-R Package can make a good amount more boost/power (especially mid-range) but this power level we feel is exceedingly reliable and durable for our customers on the factory turbochargers.

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
...The result seems pretty similar if installed on a 09~11 car, since originally for the 650 kit, you guys said it will get 550+ whp on older cars, if i remember correctly...
You are correct, as awesome as the 2012 GT-R is aside from the larger factory turbo inlet pipes once modified we are finding the power output is near identical to 2009-2011 GT-R's.

·
Premium Member
1,485 Posts
With the upgraded actuators we run 18/19psi tapering to 16/17psi. The GT650-R Package can make a good amount more boost/power (especially mid-range) but this power level we feel is exceedingly reliable and durable for our customers on the factory turbochargers.
Fantastic... Thx for the response!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.