Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have experience with this place? GTR was dropped off there from the shop. I spoke to a Craig Angel (sp?) and he was hesitant to tell me the full detail of the problem. He was very happy to tell me the cost to fix it.

I had my GTR out of the shop for two days. Was on the road to Grand Canyon, 100 miles away from Phoenix. I go to accelerate and I hear a weird noise and the car slows down immediately to 25 mph. I get a warning light on the gauge cluster. Long story short, I get it towed back to the body shop (as they were the last ppl to touch my car.) Speedometer Odometer Motor vehicle Gauge Tachometer

Anyways, I was going to have them tow it to a different dealer but I guess they have a preference of shop? Craig tells me that "you must have went over a puddle and got water inside the intercooler pipes."

I've never heard of anything like that in my life! It has not rained in AZ since I picked up the car. No puddles of water. The only thing I can think of is from washing the vehicle at the body shop. They did replace both front intercoolers and radiators. Upon pick up, they advised me not to wash the car for at least 30 days to let the paint cure. The shop rushed the clean up and I have scheduled them to have it re-detailed later with European Detailers.

Any thoughts on the situation?

Attachments

·
Registered
548 Posts
Sounds like a transmission problem. It would definitely help us if you can pull the codes.

Sent from Galaxy NOTE 5

·
Registered
695 Posts
there is really no way to go threw a puddle and get water in the intercooler pipes unless you went threw DEEP water

·
Premium Member
2,291 Posts
That puddle theory is a dumb explanation. I went to a trackday in Inde with my car a couple of years back where a sudden rainstorm flooded the track - the rain was so strong it even washed away the erosion control devices in the infield - and despite a couple of laps in torrential rain before the event was called my car had no issues from the water.

Transmission seems the more likely culprit especially with the error message you posted.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Something is not right with that mechanics info on what's wrong with your car. Like someone else stated what were the codes that were thrown. It's possible a intake hose popped off from the body shop not tightening hoses enough. They might be making excuses to cover there mistake.

·
GTRLIFE BOTM August 2015
1,042 Posts
BSE is right...something is very wrong with their answer. Grab an expert or give us some more details.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for all the responses. Yes, there is something totally wrong with what the guy was saying. I laughed at him and asked if he was serious. I didn't drive it through a river. It's AZ, water evaporates pretty quickly. I'm not going to drive it through any puddles at a high speed. Seemed liked a pretty shady thing to say. I was getting upset to say the least.

I was thinking along the same lines. Someone at the shop must not have tighten one of the hoses or water may have gotten inside the inlet while wet sanding.... Either way, they can't argue the fact that they removed both filters and intercoolers. No way am I taking responsibility for this.
View attachment 115514

I'll try to get more info. I only had it for a day out of the shop. Such a headache and inconvenience!

·
Registered
548 Posts
Why are you insisting it's the i/c pipe or intercooler that's causing the issue... The screen clearly states it's a transmission issue...sigh smh

Sent from Galaxy NOTE 5

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ok so looks like MAF code. This is their solution:
Two air flow meters, power ballet and idle air control for reprogramming $1544

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Pretty sure a intercooler or intake pipe popped off. They probably didn't get the clamps tight enough.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bumper Automotive exterior Automotive design
That's some bullshit that they just changed stuff and then trying to charge you for something they messed up
Exactly! I was not happy and spoke with the GM. This Craig guy all of a sudden was super nice to me. After showing them some pictures, they decided to fix it without charging me a dime. I told them it needs to be fixed no matter what. A guy at the body shop was whining and said "well we didn't make any money on your car.." What a dick thing to say. I told him maybe he should go work somewhere else. Plus the shop is paying for my rental, and reimbursing me for plane tickets and tow. I still have to fly back and have them detail the GTR since they rushed and didn't really clean it when I picked it up a few weeks ago. So, terrible review for Scott's Coach Works. Stay clear. View attachment 115609

Attachments

1 - 16 of 16 Posts