Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Hi i just had my car upgraded the intercoolers , ap j hooks rotors ,Project mu pads and did all the differential and transmission fluid changes. When the car was brought of the lift they ABS light , VDC off and Traction light were on , i checked the codes with cobb an clear them with no problem. Then today i was with the tuner on the car and after a few runs and braking lights came once again. I tried clearing them but they would not turn off. After a few map changes and on and off cycles to tune the car they went off and later back on again. Has this happended to anyone after brake changes? The code is c1111 which is abs pump? Any help on this will be great... Also the car was even feeling strange in the braking and traction of the car when pressed on hard on the brakes. It feels like if the car braking and traction system is not working properly when the lights are on. Are there any sensors that might be loose , since it came on and off by them self. Also the car was lifted on one side with a jack and a jack stand to be albe to install a y band sensor before tuning. And when we started the car right after the lights came on.

·
Nismo
107 Posts
Assuming this is not related to low brake fluid, this happens to about 50% of the cars in my country. The problem seems to afflict the non-tracked cars especially (perhaps the ABS needs a workout every once in awhile?). In any case, your ABS pump is most certainly spoilt. The problem might be intermitten at first but, with time, it will be permanent. You'll also get the associated VDC OFF fault code. The dealers have replaced many cars in my area with new ABS pumps. And at US$3200 each they are not cheap! Hope this helps.

·
Registered
3,626 Posts
I just had something similar happen to me, except my codes wer C1108 and C1203. This code is for the driver's side wheel speed sensor, but was giving me the same dashboard readings you had, as well as AWD Clutch Overheat (even when I first started driving the car on a cold morning) and AWD System Malfunction.

It turned out that the sensor for the driver's side front wheel was malfunctioning. The car is currently in the shop getting this unit replaced. As it turns out, there is a TSB for C1108. I would recommend having your service department at least run diagnostics if your brake fluid levels are fine or if the codes keep returning.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The mechanic checked all the plugs and sensors and he says they are ok. I have been able to clear the codes with the cobb. The issues comes up after hard braking and activating abs, or hard bounce from dislevel road surface. Also i have seen a brown plug that is not conected into anything just behind the greedy cooler i still have to check this. I believe that it might have to do with transmision cooler install since i saw some plugs and wire on that fender side when they were installed and now i see an unplug wire. The oil i am using is rf 600 motul it has been in the car fro 3 month already. What is the part number for the pump if needed to replace for code c1111?

Thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.