Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
5,184 Posts
Excuse me for "hating" but that is one of the most ridiculous looking things I have seen on a car. That lowered suspension looks absurd and wtf is up with those tiny azzed tires that can barely be seen? The wheels are nice but this is not a good way to show them off...

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
I agree with the others, I'm not a fan of this look as it is not practical. I would much rather have the car setup so I can drive it worry free.

·
Registered
335 Posts

18,309 Posts
I've never understood why some car enthusiasts are so quick to say someone elses car is stupid. That's an opinion, and shouldn't be stated as fact. Yes, this NSX is impractical. Yes, driving a stanced car isn't easy. But I think this NSX looks excellent. I daily drove a car that scraped the oil pan on manhole covers. 2 cracked oil pans (the 2nd resulting in a destroyed engine) later, I still don't see a problem with driving something that low. It's not much different than the bad gas mileage that most high HP cars have. How "practical" is your GTR? If we all cared about what was practical we'd all be driving Camrys and Dodge Caravans

We built it to tailor the needs of our customer. Different strokes for different folks I suppose!
Great response! We're glad to work with the guys over at ADV.1 because they'll always help us get the customer what they want. I'm sure if we asked for something completely asinine they wouldn't do it, but so far so good!

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
I kind of like it
not that I would do it myself.. ;)

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Looks good, but functionally retarded. Why the hell would you want to "replace oil pans" or worry about getting to McDonalds or any parking lot? Makes no sense to me unless it's a show car.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I've never understood why some car enthusiasts are so quick to say someone elses car is stupid. That's an opinion, and shouldn't be stated as fact. Yes, this NSX is impractical. Yes, driving a stanced car isn't easy. But I think this NSX looks excellent. I daily drove a car that scraped the oil pan on manhole covers. 2 cracked oil pans (the 2nd resulting in a destroyed engine) later, I still don't see a problem with driving something that low. It's not much different than the bad gas mileage that most high HP cars have. How "practical" is your GTR? If we all cared about what was practical we'd all be driving Camrys and Dodge Caravans

Interestingly enough, the wheels on that car are not Rotas and are actually pretty rare.

Great response! We're glad to work with the guys over at ADV.1 because they'll always help us get the customer what they want. I'm sure if we asked for something completely asinine they wouldn't do it, but so far so good!
Thanks for the love Vivid! We too agree that it's the customers car and everyone has their own style. With that said, if that customer has any asinine requests, we'll still likely do it for them. It should be fun once customers start ordering the ADVX...

·
I'm not eloquent I'm direct
92 Posts
That's gotta be the stupidest looking thing I've ever seen. What a waste of such a beautiful car. I guess to each his own.

I'm not sure if I understand this statement though....

"I daily drove a car that scraped the oil pan on manhole covers. 2 cracked oil pans (the 2nd resulting in a destroyed engine) later, I still don't see a problem with driving something that low."

How is destroying an engine not a problem? Man, I feel like I'm in an episode of the twilight zone.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Looks good, but functionally retarded. Why the hell would you want to "replace oil pans" or worry about getting to McDonalds or any parking lot? Makes no sense to me unless it's a show car.
I have to worry about the parking lot deal with my stock suspension GTR lol. There are plenty of places where I have to avoid so I don't scrape. Still love the GTR.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.