Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
I know this could be answered tomorrow by the vendor I purchased the wheels from and/or ADV1 but since I couldn't find it searching I'm hoping to get an answer posted that others may find useful. The question is, does anyone know what type of lug nut are used for ADV1 wheels for the GTR fitment? I know with some manufactures you can specify and I have the wheels in front of me right now. From what I can gather, I'm 99.9999% sure the wheels I have are conical/cone seat holes versus a ball seat. The reason being is that I have a set of Titek lugs which are conical and they seem to sit on top of the hole versus dropping into the hole (the wheel is not mounted yet and I'm testing by dropping the lug straight down into the hole). But, I can't tell if that's because the lugs are fairly "tall" and may just need to be torqued down. I do happen to have a conical lug from an old Mercedes which seems to drop right in the hole but I also know you can chew up the holes if you put a conical lug into a ball seat hole.

I feel as if I already know the answer but the holes on the wheel don't have any type of "cut" to them, meaning a cone shaped or ball shaped feel around the edges. I had the Titeks from a set of Volks I owned previously and before I spend another $70+ on lugs, wanted to confirm if anyone knew the answer.

Again, I know it may depend on what style of wheel but I'm thinking that ADV1 GTR fitment would be the same across the board.

Thanks!

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
After further inspection, the holes do appear to have a cut to them and it looks to now be ball seat. However, the cut isn't as "deep" as the Titek ball-seat shape but is more similar to a standard ball-seat shape.

I took a pic of the three different lugs I happen to have for reference:

The top is the Titek which after looking at it more closely appears to be conical and not ball-seat.

The middle is an aftermarket MB lug which is clearly conical.

The last one I have no idea what manufacturer but its ball-seat and happens to fit the ADV1 hole as well as the one above it. However, the hole itself looks to be slightly ball-seat shaped just not Titek shaped.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
And....after further researching (just looked up a set of Muteki SR35's), these may be exactly what I need based on the description:

Muteki SR35 Closed End Lug Nuts are manufactured from chrome vanadium. Each lug nut weighs only 2 ounces. Muteki SR35 Lug Nuts are compact, designed to accommodate small diameter wheel holes found in today's high-end street, lightweight racing, competition road wheels. Constructed with an oversized 60-degree tapered seat that provides a better contact area. A knurled perimeter top allows for easy installation. Each set of Muteki SR35 lug nuts includes (16) 35 millimeter closed end lug nuts, (4) 35 millimeter closed end locking lug nuts, a dual 1-piece 17 millimeter hex wrench adapter for 1-3/4 inch and 13/16 inch sizes and lock key adapter.

They are tapered which may be exactly what I'm looking at on my wheels.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts