Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone my first newbie post... at least on this board! 2012 GTR BE gunmetal and I can't handle the BE wheels... so I'm hunting, but just lost in the variety and sizes of the wheels out there. I was thinking about these ADV10s which I think would look amazing on a GunMetal car. What dealer would you recommend? I'm in Los Angeles... and if you can think of any other sick wheels / color combos for a gunmetal GTR, I'm all ears. I want to do this right the first time, retain what ride quality I have and not rub / need spacers, etc, etc. Worse thing I ever did was try to stick 20s on my E55... not only have I had rubbing issues during hard acceleration, but boy bent wheels become a way of life with such little insulation. I'm hoping 21s are the sweet spot on these cars... otherwise I'll stick to 20s. All advice appreciated!

Thanks,

Loren

·
SF Bay Area Member
548 Posts
Funny, I am looking for the exact same wheel for my 2012 gunmetal GT-R!

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
Acute Performance. We are the place to buy from.
Here is a recent review of my transaction:

"Special thanks to Michael at Acute Performance (www.acuteperformance.com) and the entire team at ADV1 (www.adv1wheels.com), I have gotten these wheels. I cannot say enough great things about Michael who is truly a great guy to deal with. He will do anything he can to make sure a customer is happy. It's really hard to find a guy like him who would put profits aside and put his customers first before anything else! His customer service is truly exceptional. Every single one of my email was answered in 5 minutes to an hour!!!

Also Jordan and his team at ADV1 have made sure I get what I want despite the high off-sets of our cars. They have worked with me for months just to make sure the wheels are exactly what I wanted. Their time and effort are truly appreciated!" - Source

Michael
Owner
Acute Performance

·
Registered
6,652 Posts
We can help you choose the correct wheel for your gtr . As having sold many sets to numerous gtr members here we a many styles/ brands to fit your needs. Contact us today for your set.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
I my wheels from Adrey. Nothing against the other vendors but he is the man for wheels. He has had many diff wheels on his own car and will have the wheels made for your exact need. I went 22 with a huge 5 inch lip.They look amazing!!!! Thanks again Adrey!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
Bottomline, you really can't go wrong with any of the vendors and you know you'll be taken care of by Adv1 -- pick who will give you the best customer service and who you're most comfortable with. When you deal with Acute Performance and me, you're dealing with the owner of the company. I will always go to bat for you and talk to you at odd hours on the phone because my reputation is on the line. If things go wrong, I can't just pickup and leave. I have to resolve the issue so that you're happy or else my reputation is done. There's no firing anyone, there's no pointing fingers, I'm the person solely responsible.

Michael
Owner
Acute Performance

·
Registered
736 Posts
I have these but it is best to get unmodified pics to know exactly what you are getting.
there is a thread on lux4play with a thread that says something like "want to see what 2k sets of adv's look like?
i have the same wheel on 2 cars and i prefer the brushed center rather than the matte black. just my 2 cents

·
Registered
736 Posts
The thread in reference.... http://www.luxury4pl...ok-like-25.html

Go back and you should see more than a few different ideas for finishes.

Let me know if you need anything!
WOW< you are fast !!!!! ADV1 also has awesome service after the sale

heres a unmodified pic of the ones i have for the m5. I really love this color combo.

Attachments

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Here is another version of the ADV10 in the step lip config we did on our Gtr.

http://www.nagtroc.o...but-photoshoot/
I like that one two... its polished gunmetal center with brushed chrome lip or? Almost acheives the same effect as the black / brushed gunmetal, just lighter shades with a glossy look. Decisions, decisions. I definitely want to stay with 20s and reduce my bent rim experiences. Damn potholes on Sunset and Wilshire always get me, even when I'm going slow. "Radenergie" 20s on my E55 have been repaired half a dozen times now. I'm beginning to think they are just weak outers...

THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR YOUR INPUT... this is an amazing board!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The thread in reference.... http://www.luxury4pl...ok-like-25.html

Go back and you should see more than a few different ideas for finishes.

Let me know if you need anything!
OMG, I just got wheel brain fry looking at all those pics... the first setup on the link you listed, page 25... very first pic... that's my favorite... what color combo is that? Thanks.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Thanks everyone... I think I'm going with the matte black / brushed aluminum combination. Now it comes down to offset and sizes:

ADV10 deep concave. It was suggested that for a stock 2012 a 20x11 and 20x12 combination would work and not rub... I want to check that with all of you... with 285/35/20 on the front 11s and 315/30/20 on the rears (that's an odd size which I couldn't find in any tire brand, anywhere). I found a 325/30/20 in the form of Dunlop SP Sport Maxx GT (non run flat)... but really, at the end of the day I want everything to fit and work well with no spacers, perfect offset, no rubbing. In other words, I don't NEED a 12" wheel or a 315 tire in the rear if it poses problems. I just want to fill the wheel wells and have a clean look. I don't want smaller tires stretched over a larger rim with rounded / stretched edges like some people do. I want the sidewalls to be at the edge of the wheel if not a little past them, protecting it because I'm tired of bent rims, accidental rashes, etc (on my previous cars). That's also why I'm not going for a 21" unit... just to have the extra thickness in the sidewall to protect the wheels. I don't mind a larger sidewall at all, and actually prefer it. At the same time, if I can go wider without consequence I will.

If any of you have some ideas on ideal wheel sizes / offsets / tire sizes for a stock 2012 getting ADV10s, I'd be forever in your debt!

Thanks,

Loren

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
ok, found the Toyo R888s in the 315 size...
http://toyotires.com/tire/pattern/proxes-r888-high-performance-competition-tires

However, I'm wondering about the wheel sizes / tire sizes. My only concern would be the width of the tire relative to the width of the wheel&#8230; as I mentioned, I don't want the tires sidewalls stretching / rounding towards the lip of the wheel. When I look up those tires, on the 315 it says the rim range is 10.5-11-11.5&#8230; with optimal being an 11. If we pull that over a 12" wheel, I might end up with the rounding I precisely want to avoid. The 285 tire has a range of 9.5-10-11&#8230; but again, tire rounding on the edges is the last thing I want. If anything, I'd like them to extend past the wheel edges a bit to protect the wheel&#8230;

Perhaps these tire sizes would work best on a 10" front / 11" rear wheel instead of 11/12?

Anyone figure out the largest width tire we can fit in stock wheel wells?

Thanks,

Loren

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
Matt do we heed to purchase from a vendor or can we cut them out and purchase direct from adv.1?

1 - 20 of 40 Posts