Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

· Registered
16 Posts
Hey everyone,

I'm new to the forum, though been reading it for ages, just didn't have a certain reason to register and now I have!

I've seen similar topics and polls regarding best finish match of Advan GT's (forum's favorites) for black,white,blue GT-R's but didn't find for a Red one!

So this poll is for a Red one )

Really tough choice becuase both give differenet appereances unique in their own way.

Whites really look bigger and stand out making car look more noticable

Blacks, on the other hand, might fit in more than whites, as well as match with future carbon upgrades but they are too standard, aren't they?

or maybe just go for BBS R1-D? ))

Highly appreciate your votes and any input guys!

Thanks.

Attachments

· Registered
272 Posts
I had black ones and they looked super aggressive and work awesome with carbon fiber but they are so hard to see on pictures and no one really notices them.

Just installed a set of bulletproof gold GTs and the car didnt look as aggressive at all. Took me 2 weeks to get used to them but now Im completly in love with the car. Way easier to see on pictures and people love them.

My car is white but I feel like the Black vs White would have a similar effect to my Black vs Gold experience.

White for car shows and meets. Black for track and to look super mean? haha

Hope that helps!.

PS: Everyone has black ones, with white ones your car would be a lot more unique ! Really hard to keep white wheels clean tho!

· Registered
1,189 Posts
I have grey with machined lip Advan GT's . white are too ricey , stock BL rims were black so I decided on something between

18,325 Posts
I'd do the black over the white. White looks clean when they're clean, but they are a royal pain to keep clean. I used to have a white '03 SVT Cobra that I had matching white wheels on. Was a nightmare.

That said, I have the GT in stock in Semi Gloss Black, 4 sets of GT Premium in Racing Gloss Black incoming next month, and 5 sets of our exclusive Diamond Black incoming around September.

Let me know if I can assist.

-James

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks a lot for the input!
Was stuck on the look so completely forgot about maintenance. Whites would certainly be a huge pain in the ass with that constant brake dust on GT-R...

Another good point is pics vs reality... I saw Advans in real life, they are like twice more aggressive than on pics.

Didn't see BBS R1-D though, people say they are amazing on the car.

18,325 Posts
The BBS RI-D's are great. Super light. I wish they were available in a bit better fitment, but that would be my only complaint. That said, there's none available in the US, and BBS USA might have another small batch made the end of this year. Add to that they're twice as much as the GT's, and only slightly lighter.

-James

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Regarding fitments I think you mean 11" on the back.
For me , it should OK as I'm planning to run Toyo R888R which are available in 315 max. I reckon they would look better on 11" rather than on 12" Advans

· Registered
30 Posts
The bbs are nice. The white contrast great with the red. I voted black because its a bitch to keep white clean. The grey with the machined lip was meh for me. Good luck there gonna look sick no matter what you do.

· Registered
10,372 Posts
Black - white sucks to clean.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.