Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my AdvanGT today!!! The front tires have used 20x 10 +35 with MPSS 295 up front. However, i noticed the front tires have some fender rub damage, it's like line marking, nothing serious. Some people said the damage is due to the metal tabs behind the side markers.

I understand MPSS 285 is the recommended size, but is the damage all cause by the 295 size? Base on the footprint of the damage, 285 may have the same issue as well. My car is stock height stock suspension, should I need to worry about this?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
I have that too but I'm lowered. You will be fine. It is the metal tab.

·
Registered
9,702 Posts
That's a lot more than 10mm of scoring on that tire. I suspect they had spacers as well as the tabs.

·
Premium Member
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's a lot more than 10mm of scoring on that tire. I suspect they had spacers as well as the tabs.
Yea...that's what I am saying. I don't see any other abnormal wear on the tires beside them. I will put them on this weekend and see if there is any issue on stock suspension.

·
Premium Member
12,530 Posts
Was the 295/35/20 the "K1" compound? If so, it's a couple tenths of an incher wider than the 295/25/20 "NO" compound. That could be compounding the problem.

But that said, the 295 will rub even at stock ride height unless you do the fender mod that I've mentioned in other thread before, and/or run about -2.75 front camber. For set it and forget it street setups, we would recommend the 285 front in order to avoid all of these issues.

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Running 295 on Nissan's track alignment and no drop with zero running

·
Registered
645 Posts
Same here 295 no issues with oem tyres..

Sent from my SM-G900F using GT-R Life mobile app

·
Premium Member
12,530 Posts
Running 295 on Nissan's track alignment and no drop with zero running
I should have elaborated that the 295/35/20 on the OEM front wheel will not rub the outside fender. I was referring to the common aftermarket wheels that are in the 20X10 +29 to +35 offset ranges.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts