Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Auto detailer
297 Posts
I could be wrong but I believe AMS did research on it and validate faster times but at a point of high speed became dangerous with no downforce on the rear, but I think that was at speed of 170+. But removing it should pick up a few Mph.

· Super Moderator
4,049 Posts
As a tangent to this topic, has anyone ever definitively figured out (or tested) whether turning your side-view mirrors inwards, has any effect (even microscopic) in the quarter mile?

Alexd

· Founder
25,900 Posts
I agree. I guess I should have really asked what the difference between a stock wing and a duckbill wing or drag race wing would mean in terms of MPH in a 1/2 or mile race.
really hard to day in the conclusively as in the 1/4th I think its only 1-2mph stockish bolt on but you are adding 50mph+ on longer distances so ballpark of 4 maybe? also the power level of the car would greatly come into play too

· Founder
25,900 Posts
As a tangent to this topic, has anyone ever definitively figured out (or tested) whether turning your side-view mirrors inwards, has any effect (even microscopic) in the quarter mile?

Alexd
I would say within the margin of error or less than the variables that present themselves between runs. I used to do it sort of half heatedly as more of a superstitious thing. I quite doing it with the NISMO as i figured its dumb with my big ass wing back there.

· Registered
2,507 Posts
Sounds like you are talking about straight line racing, in that case, just remove the wing completely. I doubt the stability will be significantly worse if in no circumstance you need to turn the car at those speeds.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using GT-R Life mobile app

· Founder
25,900 Posts
There have been vidoes of the rear end getting squirrely and upset when decelerating after a straight line run with no wing

With that said my friend has done some 170 runs with her wing removed and was worried about stability but didn't seem to notice any adverse side effect

· Registered
2,507 Posts
I guess if you need to slam on the brakes to slow down, then yes, but dun these straight line pull usually just cruise back down to normal speed?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using GT-R Life mobile app

· Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
There have been vidoes of the rear end getting squirrely and upset when decelerating after a straight line run with no wing

With that said my friend has done some 170 runs with her wing removed and was worried about stability but didn't seem to notice any adverse side effect
Pics of female GTR owner!?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.