Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I just installed a Grom Vline2 in my 09 GTR. I purchased the yellow RCA connector with it and I am looking to install a backup camera. Does anyone have a recommendation for a good plug and play aftermarket backup camera that will work well with this system?

·
Registered
109 Posts
I installed this camera to GROM VLINE2 - works great and installation was simple. Make sure to get the latest VLINE2 firmware, so back up cam is supported.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So I finally had some time to get the back up camera installed. I have all of the wires routed and tested power using a volt meter. Everything on the camera reads and turns on as it should when shifting into reverse. The problem I am running into is when I shift into reverse, the screen switches back to factory and I cannot access the Grom Unit to be able to see the back up camera. The latest firmware has been installed. Does anyone know why the system would kick me out of the Grom and back to factory when shifting into reverse?

·
Registered
109 Posts
So I finally had some time to get the back up camera installed. I have all of the wires routed and tested power using a volt meter. Everything on the camera reads and turns on as it should when shifting into reverse. The problem I am running into is when I shift into reverse, the screen switches back to factory and I cannot access the Grom Unit to be able to see the back up camera. The latest firmware has been installed. Does anyone know why the system would kick me out of the Grom and back to factory when shifting into reverse?
Did you disable the factory backup camera in VLine settings?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts