Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have aftermarket turbos and I'm trying to figure out the best way to launch my GTR without to much trial and error.

Currently I'm running LC4 with it set to 4500. When I launch it's immediately drops and bogs before the turbos spool up. I've thought about having it raised to 5000, but wanted to find out what others are doing before I start playing with the different rpms. If it's a matter of finding each cars sweet spot, then I guess it's trial and error time.

I've had it suggested, that LC4 is my problem; it doesn't like the aftermarket turbos and I would be better off with LC2. If this is the case, could this be explained?

Im not looking for a 1.4-1.5 60'. I will be happy with a 1.6-1.7 60'.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
good topic..im havin the same problem..i was on lc 2 lanchin at 3750 didnt really go anywere..6oft was1.9 thats bad..went to lc1 lanch it at 5200rpm n got better 1.7 60ft but wanted more tryin to lanch at 6k but the car went in limp mode n now tryin to figuer out whats goin on...i hope someone can chime in

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Obviously there's a difference between LC2 and LC4/5, but what is the difference under full throttle? If the limiter is set for 4500, is there a difference?

I've read that some are switching to LC2 for the track and LC4 for daily driving.

Some might be happy that it works, I like to know how it works.

·
Registered
805 Posts
I'm on LC4 ..launch rpm is 4500
didnt have a problem but then again the alpha 9 turbos aren't that huge or anything.
I would like to be able to build boost on the line.
syvecs seems like the best option at the moment.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
yea those u wont get much lag lik the turbo i have i got the gtx35r

·
Registered
667 Posts
Any experience with LC5 on upgraded turbos gt-r?
MY biggest problem, I can't good launch with LC2 3750rpm at warmer ambient temps(above 18celsius), car was bogged.
Cooler temps good launch. I tried LC4 in the last year, but after few test(20-25) broken my 6th gear, we must opened trannny, we looked the clutch, burnt clutch discs a bit, I tought LC4 too much clutch sliping cause these fail. Also I was weird feeling while launch with LC4 at highest boost level, too much clutch sliping and weird whine noise after the clutch dropped.
I did went to back to LC2, but my problem isn't solved.
I installed LC5 few days ago, driving smoother than before, i tried one launch at lower boost 1.7bar with 3800rpm limit, much better feel than LC4, car was bog a bit, but I'll try any different rpm launch in the next time, I made few ecu maps for dif. rpm's.
3800, 4000,4200 if I tried all with 1.7bar and 2bar boost, then I'll try 4400-4500rpm, but I don't want burn clutch again.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.