Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got MPSS installed and need an alignment. Local dealer is quoting $250. Just wondering what others are seeing.

'15 GMG

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
My local dealer normally charges $199.99; however, they only charged me $169.99 during my last one as a courtesy due to me having to go back twice within two days for the same issue (steering wheel vibration). On top of all of that, I had to go back a third time a week later to get the alignment redone due to the tech not centering the steering wheel when driving straight. That was free of course.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah it seemed a little high.

'15 GMG

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
My local dealer normally charges $199.99; however, they only charged me $169.99 during my last one as a courtesy due to me having to go back twice within two days for the same issue (steering wheel vibration). On top of all of that, I had to go back a third time a week later to get the alignment redone due to the tech not centering the steering wheel when driving straight. That was free of course.
What was the steering vibration caused by?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Under $200. Changing to the race camber setup at the same time might run a bit more

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using GT-R Life mobile app

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
What was the steering vibration caused by?
Both front wheels/tires were out of balance. Normal balancing didn't fix the problem so went back again and had both front wheels/tires road force balanced. They also found out the front right toe was out so also did an alignment. Vibration was resolved after that.

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
Both front wheels/tires were out of balance. Normal balancing didn't fix the problem so went back again and had both front wheels/tires road force balanced. They also found out the front right toe was out so also did an alignment. Vibration was resolved after that.
Ah. thanks. I suspect my slight vibration is caused by an out-of-balance scenario. My wheels were never road-force balanced either

·
Pumps one and two, hit 'em!
321 Posts
Mine was also $250, needing tires ASAP and on the factory/delivery alignment and set of tires (16.5k miles!) I had the itch to pull it closest to street settings.

·
Registered
548 Posts

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
Ah. thanks. I suspect my slight vibration is caused by an out-of-balance scenario. My wheels were never road-force balanced either
Yeah in my opinion road force balancing is a must with the GT-R. For some reason steering wheel vibration really bothers me. I just feel a car like this shouldn't be vibrating especially at moderate highway speeds. I also learned that the wheels will go out of balance as the tires wear that can cause vibration.

·
Pew Pew
659 Posts
Free during yearly complementary service

·
Registered
461 Posts
When the hell is that? Lol

Sent from my SM-G900V using GT-R Life mobile app

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
Yeah in my opinion road force balancing is a must with the GT-R. For some reason steering wheel vibration really bothers me. I just feel a car like this shouldn't be vibrating especially at moderate highway speeds. I also learned that the wheels will go out of balance as the tires wear that can cause vibration.
Yeah I agree.

Sent from my SM-G928P using GT-R Life mobile app

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
Free during yearly complementary service
Yes this is very true but unfortunately my out of toe alignment issue occurred smack in the middle of the annual period. I didn't want to wait another six months for the complimentary service.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts