Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Your ad here! ;-)
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I took my car in for its first detail job this weekend. Everything went well, until I noticed that all of my rims had some sort of scratches behind the spokes - apparently from brush use. I was livid and went back to the detail shop - he of course denied everything, told me that mine was not the first GT-R he detailed (which I do believe, as he has bunch of GT-R before/after pics on his website) - and it does seem like the guy gets a fair share of exotics to detail. However, this is the first time someone outside of the dealership has touched the car and I bought the car with only 20 miles on the clock. If the rims DID have scratches before he started working on it, I wouldn't have seen them, as rims were quite dirty before the detail.

So, I don't really have a leg to stand on... but I highly doubt that dealer would f*ck the rims up while prepping the car. Either way, fact is that now all 4 of my rims have scratches on them. Not glaring but there, bothering the sh*t out of me... He also pointed out various blemishes from the shop tools (scuffs where lug nut wells are), along with other stuff.

I can't really go after the shop, as I don't have any evidence that they weren't that way before I took it in... I'm just shocked at how unbelievably touchy GT-R paint is ANYWHERE you look - be it on the body or the rims. Looks like it can get messed up by simply looking at it.

bastards... whoever it is...

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
sorry to hear man. bugs me how he says your GTR is not the first he has done. so what? what's that supposed to mean? he's godlike and cannot possibly make any mistakes on a GTR? sorry i just hate that damn attitude that people put on. i wouldn't doubt that it was the dealer who did it (those guys are careless) but then again it could be the detail shop...

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Dealers are not always the best when it comes to prepping cars. Do you have any pics of the scratches I'm curious to see what they look like, you would need to use a pretty rough brush as the wheel finish is very strong.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.