1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
9,695 Posts
Great stuff, thanks for sharing

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
Never seen the fuel system b4. Surge tank? Is there a pump in the tank? Can it keep fuel in the surge tank when those walbros are running full tilt?

·
R35 member
3,086 Posts
What is that fuel pump thing by the fusebox? Did you relocate the battery?

Thanks,
Joe

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
What you are seeing is a Radium surgetank with three Walbro 460 pumps inside. It was a tight fit but it's a nice place for them. I haven't seen anyone else utilizing this space.

The battery was moved to the trunk in an NHRA approved box.

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
very nice

·
Lake Bum
2,747 Posts
this car had a good day at the latest No Fly Zone in Arizona. Final pass was 208.9 wit a standing 1/2 mile of 189. The car ran flaulessly all weekend.

Congratualttions to Steve for his driving skills. Those kinds of speeds are no joke.
Nice car.

I would think an A12 with almost 1300 wheel hp would trap way more than 189 mph in a standing 1/2 though.

What was the starting speed for the 208.9 mph pass?

·
Registered
224 Posts
Sweet! Great times! Sad I left right before that.

·
Registered
3,750 Posts
Great build! how long did it take from start to finish? May I ask why you decided to sleeve instead of a new block?

·
Lake Bum
2,747 Posts
Rolling 1/2 mile was from 40mph start.

Standing 1/2 mile was with no launch control, Pilot Sport tires and a cold track. Traction was an issue.
Traction had to be it.

A few weeks ago at the Wannagofast half I trapped the exact same launching it vs flooring off idle. Didn't make a bit of difference.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Yeah I was seeing around 12% spin at the top of 3rd on that airstrip with a similar setup - so I'm sure 1-3 were suboptimal.

·
Registered
224 Posts
If that car is going to be around in March, we should go head to head. That would be awesome!

·
Registered
51 Posts
I drove the car. Everything is vbox verified. Standing 1/2 attempted twice. second run gave the 189 with spinning in 2nd and 3rd. Without drags on rear it was very difficult to achieve traction. A lot of cars had more issues sunday with traction. I have stock axles, launching was out of the question. All in all were very pleased. This was the first event and even with rolling starts 208.9 is very good in my opinion. The big plus and the topic were more pleased with then anything is not one issue with the car!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts