Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Can you take a look at my data logs please.

MAP 1 is the Cobb stage 2 93 octane 3.6 map.

It was 85 degrees out and it just started to rain.

A/F Corr. B1 (%) seems to be off? Should it be at 100%? Since it's at 108 close to red line does that mean the car is having to compensate for fuel up or down?

MAP 2 is a daily driving map I am building.

This map makes the car surge when I'm on at full throttle in 3rd and on.

Mods are midpipe and tune.

Thistle. Can you comment on what you see here? Thanks!

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
There is a little overboost shown by the peak of boost, the pull back, little oscillation of wastegate duty, also noticed in the MAF trace. That could be smoothed out by custom tuning the wastegate duty table for the individual car, but doesn't look a problem, just not 100% smooth. I personally tune (and made the original sample wastegate tables to go with the boost control algorithm I designed) with a less pronounced changed in wastegate duty for each 1.45 PSI (0.1 bar) change from where I want it to be than some of the staged maps. This gives a smoother result when customised for the individual car, but for an off the shelf map is arguably a little too gentle to catch overboost.

AF correction in 2.csv was tighter than 1.csv, neither are a problem.

What do you mean by surge? Do you mean compressor surge, a surging feeling (probably the overboost), or something else?

Your best feedback for this tune will be from its author - Tim.Bailey at cobbtuning dot com.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Appreciate the reply thistle.

Map 1 is Cobb's 3.6 and map 2 is my tuners daily driving map he setup for me.

Map 2 is the one that surges. When I floor the car in a high gear such as 3rd or 4th it feels like the car is not accelerating smoothly. Almost like the throttle is osculating.

How does the 3.6 map look to be running on my car in your eyes? I can't decide which of these maps to run daily.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Sorry iPhone screwed my replies, trying again. Both look ok but your " surge" may be jerky boost control which could be helped by fine tuning wastegate table

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Tim tested on the dyno and found extra spool and torque with initial extra advance, but thereafter as you go up the engine speed range it was insensitive.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Tim tested on the dyno and found extra spool and torque with initial extra advance, but thereafter as you go up the engine speed range it was insensitive.
Thank you Thistle. I remember you telling me that, I was just curious why the Intake Cam Adv. peak 36 in v3.3 has been reduced to 30 in v3.6.. was there no noticeable gains in the last 6 timing?

Also has the Intake Cam Adv tables always been specific to OEM turbos? What I mean is that would there be any noticeable benefits to customising this table for bigger turbos?

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
It may help to custom tune for bigger turbos. I presume Tim settled on this VVT map because of the dyno results, FWIW, I still run 36 midrange.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.