Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I'm having boost/tuning issues, so I figure if I gotta go get a dyno tune, might as well hit an overall upgrade at the same time.

I'm looking at the AMS Alpha 6 package. I live in Colorado and I love the insane cornering performance I can get, which is why I'm thinking of keeping it around Alpha 6 levels. I think going into the 9+ would hurt my performance on canyon roads etc.

Specific questions I have:

1. The AMS Resonated Midpipe: how it does it sound? I think I'm looking to get my sound, not super loud or raspy but low and growly-exotic, but like people say the AAM sounds.

2. Tuning and Installation time. How long and how difficult?

3. Enough power? I'm already crazy happy with my 09GTR (Except for its over-boost issue) so I think 600HP will make me really happy. I'd love to hear some Alpha6 owners chime in with their experiences with regard to all this - handling, sound, installation ease/time, etc.

Thanks!
Dogson

·
Super Moderator
3,580 Posts
Hey all, I'm having boost/tuning issues, so I figure if I gotta go get a dyno tune, might as well hit an overall upgrade at the same time.

I'm looking at the AMS Alpha 6 package. I live in Colorado and I love the insane cornering performance I can get, which is why I'm thinking of keeping it around Alpha 6 levels. I think going into the 9+ would hurt my performance on canyon roads etc.

Specific questions I have:

1. The AMS Resonated Midpipe: how it does it sound? I think I'm looking to get my sound, not super loud or raspy but low and growly-exotic, but like people say the AAM sounds.

2. Tuning and Installation time. How long and how difficult?

3. Enough power? I'm already crazy happy with my 09GTR (Except for its over-boost issue) so I think 600HP will make me really happy. I'd love to hear some Alpha6 owners chime in with their experiences with regard to all this - handling, sound, installation ease/time, etc.

Thanks!
Dogson
Are you going to bring the car to them? Installation of a mid-pipe is less than 1 hour. Tuning with a dyno is a little over 1 hour. Mid-pipes vary in sound. I notice drone mostly (around 2000 to 2500 RPM)...no special difference in sound quality; but that's not with a AMS product.

Alexd

1 - 2 of 2 Posts