Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
I have been following this forum for months. I have been interested in a GTR since the TOP GEAR episode. I am shooting for a 2014 Alpha 9 GTR street use only pump gas. I should be able to pay for it by October and the Alpha 9 package by January. Overall, I am wanting a fun car that is bullet proof if I perform regular maintainence that is why I am choosing AMS based on what I have read here. However, I am a planner and have a few nagging questions that I hope could be answered.

Do owners of the alpha 9 use launch control? and if so, what upgrades to the transmission do I need?
When getting an alpha 9 package, what warranty items are voided? for example is it only drive train related or would I have to replace the instrument cluster when the LED goes out or the front lights when they get moisture?

This will help me finalize my savings plan. After this topict, I probably not have other questions until I am ready to place a downpayment with a dealer and AMS.

Thanks

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Doug,
I am leaning to upgrading the transmission, as I have read a number of issues and I might in a 1 or 2 years try a track, but I do not want to think about clutch slip or gear giving out.

Do you know what a voiding the warranty entails? IS every issue that might happen with the car no longer under warranty?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.