Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting ready to upgrade but I need some input on the three kits: Alpha 9, SPE900, P800. At this point, I am leaning towards the Alpha 9 because of the minimal turbo lag (3K) and reliability as a DD. I don't know anyone with this kit, so I am just going off of articles and data. Alpha 9 owners your input is highly appreciated. I also would like to hear from SPE900 and P800 owners about their experiences to help me decide. I would like to make my decision by end of next week. Thanks in advance!

·
THAT GUY
4,775 Posts
Of course I'm gonna say Alpha 9.It was my first step in the GTR world..LOL.I would contact [email protected] and im sure he can put you in contact with some owners that DD there cars.The Alpha 9 is a great upgrade that drives like stock and moves out on the top end.You wont be disapointed

·
Registered
734 Posts
I would recommend the AAM 900R package as a possible contender. It has put out some amazing numbers and is price competitive. Also AAM has shown many on this forum some incredible customer service that goes above and beyond what most shops offer. Geographical location may also help. AAM is on the East Coast, SSP on the West.

·
Premium Member
6,565 Posts
You cant go wrong with the ALPHA 9 Package:
http://alphagtr.com/...lpha-9-package/

There are a some good videos and some details on the package on that page.

Also our friends at Nagtroc did a cross country trip with a pump gas, stock motor ALPHA 9. You can read that review here:
http://www.nagtroc.o...s-of-discovery/

We are working on an ALPHA 9+ package right now but I would not plan on using that package unless you are going to build the motor.

As Far as customer service goes I think you will find we have you covered!

Please email me if you have any questions [email protected]
my direct line is also 630 549-8903

Eric

·
Premium Member
77 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have p800 for about two monts now, and 2000 miles!! Car runs super strong. And suport from Switzer is unbeliveble.

·
Registered
7,513 Posts
We have a 750 package that would fit your needs perfectly. Let me know if you have any questions regarding it.
Zohair, PM me a price for upgraded OEM turbos....thanks!

·
Vendor
3,602 Posts
As you can see by the replies. There are quite a few packages available from a variety of shops. There are also quite a few variables within each package. If I were you I would call the shops you are considering and discuss each package in detail. As I have mentioned in the past, the vendors on this forum have excellent reputations and do quality work. It will really come down to which shop best matches up with your individual goals. I have had the P800 pkg installed on my car for a few seasons now. The car has been extremely reliable. Over the past few years it has had many many days on the road course, multiple drag strip passes and ran the Texas Mile. The P800 pkg should run mid 10's @135-138 mph. Also for reference my car with this pkg installed ran 191.6 mph in the standing mile. Best of luck in your search and let us know what you decide.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm a new (one week) Alpha 9 owner and am very happy with the car. No driveability issues: Unless you put your foot down you'd be hard pressed to notice that the car wasn't stock: The only things I've noticed are that it cranks a couple seconds longer when you start it up and that you can hear the fuel pumps under the rear seats. B-Quiet, due to arrive Monday, should solve the noise. The exhaust sounds great. Not noticeable in normal driving and exhilirating when your foot's down. The performance is amazing. Scratch that. A stock GT-R is amazing. This is beyond amazing. Any time you wan't to feel like a happy kid, the pedal is waiting to take you there.

Can't speak about the other choices, but AMS service is great, the work is beautiful. Give Eric a shout.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts