Nissan GT-R Forum banner

America isn't Ready

46K views 132 replies 69 participants last post by  bonzelite 
i think the problem with this car being sold to the united states is were too focused on straight line performance. not that thats bad. i didnt read the OP too long =P so i dont know if he addressed this but the specv seems totally designed for road course driving which i think the vast majority of US car enthusiasts dont participate in. drag racing is probably the cheapest form of motor sports you can get into so theres going to be tons of people into that.

thats the great thing about the vette its good at drag racing and roadcourses. it totally suits american car enthusiasts.

im sure the specv will see some improvement in straightline performance but obviously not that much because thats not what the car was designed for.

I have to agree with the man. I also have to agree with the sentiment of "I wouldn't pay $130,000 fs*king dollars for a Nissan"; okay, don't. It seems to me, browsing this forum that a lot of people expected an indestructible vehicle. They saw a video on the internet of someone launching a car, and despite not knowing how the GR6 accomplished the task thought that it would be acceptable to ignore the warnings in the documentation. How many of them would dump toluene in your gas tank to get better performance?

Just because it looked cool on the internet doesn't mean it's a good idea.
if people are willing to pay that kind of money for a chevy nissan has more then enough ground to stand on.

nissan>chevy

well ill put it this way.... i wouldnt buy it. lol.

the only way i would consider it would be if i was so loaded with money i could buy it just because i wanted to own one of nissans first offerings of their top cars in the united states.

from a performance standpoint it had better be a large increase in performance for that price.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.