Nissan GT-R Forum banner

America isn't Ready

46K views 132 replies 69 participants last post by  bonzelite 
So the Aftermarket, Customers and North America aren't ready for the GT-R?

Seems like all were here prior to the GT-R carrying on the same way so could it be the opposite? Nissan didnt make the GT-R for the world they were subjecting it too? I'd dare to say there are more problems outside of US than in US but no dealerships in many places and less media coverage. I don't like that he took a shot at pretty much everyone. I thought the original goal upon release of the GT-R was to be the fastest on the ring, has that now been thrown out and they "don't care"?

i think the problem with this car being sold to the united states is were too focused on straight line performance. not that thats bad. i didnt read the OP too long =P so i dont know if he addressed this but the specv seems totally designed for road course driving which i think the vast majority of US car enthusiasts dont participate in. drag racing is probably the cheapest form of motor sports you can get into so theres going to be tons of people into that.

thats the great thing about the vette its good at drag racing and roadcourses. it totally suits american car enthusiasts.

im sure the specv will see some improvement in straightline performance but obviously not that much because thats not what the car was designed for.
Actually I think Nissan "thought" we were too obsessed with straight line performance. I'd bet that that GT-R would have sold just as many cars without a 3.3 0-60 from a magazine. It's not America's fault, the problems are happening as much or more everywhere else (Russia, Singapore, Australia to name a few), but the internet and media coverage in the US is what ires Mizuno. I absolutely disagree with the track enthusiast because with several GT-R events in the making or completed there is plenty of interest in tracking the GT-R.

Nissan is as much to blame for the LC fiasco as anyone. The poor dealership network sure didn't help, but in the US, if you advertise it, you'd better back it up. No people going to bend over and take it here. Just ask BMW.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.