Nissan GT-R Forum banner
21 - 40 of 133 Posts
Dont want to mean offensive but the US markets are sure not ready. Even with a ratio of 100 to 1 scapegoats, that would be enough to turn any manufacturer's off.

Just look at the number or whinings and flames some of the idiots put out in the different forums across the internet? Its ridiculous and add to that you and your very lethal class action lawsuits. Defend your rights.. yea i understand. You defend your rights if it is of enough importance and weight in your quality of life but not on menial stuff like "damn it, i can't launch control my car from my garage".

To think about it, parallel importers like us doesn't even whine half as much as some of the idiots out there with VALID warranties. I must say the whole "USA is not ready comment" has entirely being brought on by the few US idiots yourselfs.

2 cents.

I'd also like to add that in addition to all the comments...

NISSAN WASN'T READY.

Replacing entire transmissions for minor damage is just IDIOTIC.

I'm calling it right now... just wait 3-4 years from now when some GT-Rs start getting a lot of wear on them and random parts of the tranmission goes bad. Where other companies would just fix the piece that broke Nissan is going to LOSE THEIR ASS by replacing the entire tranny.

Very, very well written.

I agree with everything you wrote, and Mizuno-San said. America isn't ready. I especially agree on the opinions that the aftermarket and customers are not ready, with companies putting out parts that are not even breaking, and customers eating it all up because it's new, therefore it must be better...

Thank you for the very insightful post.

Alex

Johnturbo, perhaps replacing the gears or whatevers inside the GR6 is not exactly as easy as orignally thought?

I mean for the select few enthusiats with vast and deep knowledge who'll go at all lenghts like "yourself" sure but most of the dealer techs out there are just average joes who's being trained in short notices by nissan. (Yea I am questioning their competency. To be honest I think I would dare to say I feel safer with John and co overhauling my GR6 then any of the dealer techs out there unless of course you send the whole thing back to japan which at the end might work out to be almost as expensive as changing the new one with the freight and japanese master tech labour and all)

I am more inclined to think that Nissan is just taking no chances in repeats and further malfunctions to other parts of the cars over the long term then anything else.

Having said that, your argument is of course still valid.

Excellent writeup!
I agree with First on his comments why the US isn´t ready.

I don´t think the Spec V will cost more than 100k€ IF it will be sold in Europe. If it´s gonna cost 150k it would be roughly double the price of the GT-R and that´s not justifyable.

/P

I would like to say that I think the USA is not ready too, so I can join in the group that thinks themselves superior, and has disdain for their countrymen.
I just want to make sure I am posted up here, so I maintain my superiority complex.

ANYway, I suspect Nissan would not say the GTR is "perfect", and the Spec V is evidence of their thoughts on improving it, in a stepwise fashion.
Unfortunately, the cost of this improvement makes it unrealistic for most people even here/with GTR's, so we are left to try, carefully and in measured, tested, track and street-proven ways, to make more affordable incremental improvements to our vehicles.
No father or mother EVER thinks their baby should be "modified", it is great just as it is...Mizuno-san is INDEED the true Father of the GTR here

This is outstanding and proper, and I give him great respect.

Many would disagree with his idea that the GTR should not be modified.
Have you modified YOUR car? Hmm, maybe YOU are not ready either, in Mizuno's eyes...

Leaving the car exactly as it came from Nissan for "several years" until the Spec V (which many can't afford) comes to USA is not likely for those who decide to make Mizuno-san's car...THEIR car...and not just a loaner

I hope the training-up process the GTR brings to Nissan USA dealership net will improve the dealers' abilities. This is a useful function of the GTR and what it represents also.

I have to agree with the man. I also have to agree with the sentiment of "I wouldn't pay $130,000 fs*king dollars for a Nissan"; okay, don't. It seems to me, browsing this forum that a lot of people expected an indestructible vehicle. They saw a video on the internet of someone launching a car, and despite not knowing how the GR6 accomplished the task thought that it would be acceptable to ignore the warnings in the documentation. How many of them would dump toluene in your gas tank to get better performance?

Just because it looked cool on the internet doesn't mean it's a good idea.

i think the problem with this car being sold to the united states is were too focused on straight line performance. not that thats bad. i didnt read the OP too long =P so i dont know if he addressed this but the specv seems totally designed for road course driving which i think the vast majority of US car enthusiasts dont participate in. drag racing is probably the cheapest form of motor sports you can get into so theres going to be tons of people into that.

thats the great thing about the vette its good at drag racing and roadcourses. it totally suits american car enthusiasts.

im sure the specv will see some improvement in straightline performance but obviously not that much because thats not what the car was designed for.

I have to agree with the man. I also have to agree with the sentiment of "I wouldn't pay $130,000 fs*king dollars for a Nissan"; okay, don't. It seems to me, browsing this forum that a lot of people expected an indestructible vehicle. They saw a video on the internet of someone launching a car, and despite not knowing how the GR6 accomplished the task thought that it would be acceptable to ignore the warnings in the documentation. How many of them would dump toluene in your gas tank to get better performance?

Just because it looked cool on the internet doesn't mean it's a good idea.
if people are willing to pay that kind of money for a chevy nissan has more then enough ground to stand on.

nissan>chevy

i think the problem with this car being sold to the united states is were too focused on straight line performance. not that thats bad. i didnt read the OP too long =P so i dont know if he addressed this but the specv seems totally designed for road course driving which i think the vast majority of US car enthusiasts dont participate in. drag racing is probably the cheapest form of motor sports you can get into so theres going to be tons of people into that.

thats the great thing about the vette its good at drag racing and roadcourses. it totally suits american car enthusiasts.

im sure the specv will see some improvement in straightline performance but obviously not that much because thats not what the car was designed for.
Actually I think Nissan "thought" we were too obsessed with straight line performance. I'd bet that that GT-R would have sold just as many cars without a 3.3 0-60 from a magazine. It's not America's fault, the problems are happening as much or more everywhere else (Russia, Singapore, Australia to name a few), but the internet and media coverage in the US is what ires Mizuno. I absolutely disagree with the track enthusiast because with several GT-R events in the making or completed there is plenty of interest in tracking the GT-R.

Nissan is as much to blame for the LC fiasco as anyone. The poor dealership network sure didn't help, but in the US, if you advertise it, you'd better back it up. No people going to bend over and take it here. Just ask BMW.

21 - 40 of 133 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.