Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,565 Posts
Recently we have been talking about some small additions to our part catalog that helped us achieve power beyond that of the ALPHA 12. During testing on our ALPHA 12 car on low boost we saw GREAT improvements in HP and torque across the entire power band. For those looking for a bump in power on any level of GT-R our throttle body porting service is the way to go! We have ported cores on the shelf ready to go for exchange!!!

The AMS Nissan R35 GT-R CNC Ported Throttle Body Service offers solid performance gains and improved throttle response coupled with OEM drivability. Using precision CNC machining, we increase the stock throttle body diameter from 60mm to 63mm providing a 10% increase in airflow area resulting in more horsepower. Your throttle blade shafts are then EDM thinned (Electrical Discharge Machining) to remove excess material. The result is even better flow and less turbulence to provide maximum airflow under wide open throttle. You can expect up to 40HP gains depending on engine configuration from this simple yet very effective service.

Features
  • 10% increase in flow area over stock throttle body
  • EDM thinned throttle body shaft for better flow and less turbulence
  • Improved throttle response
  • Up to 40HP gains depending on engine configuration
Applications
  • 09+ Nissan R35 GT-R

http://www.amsperfor...dy-service.html

$1199.95 with core exchange

Eric

·
Premium Member
6,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We have never tested the Mine's TB's. They were a little too expensive for our blood with the cost of the part, shipping and lead times. We knew we could produce a product that was just as good or better here stateside.

Eric

·
R36 Member
796 Posts
Hey Eric,

Of course, I'm interested! You mention that all levels can use this - have you done this with an Alpha 6 setup, or similar... ?

·
Premium Member
6,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
We have yet to test these on a stock turbo car. I would imagine the gains would not be as severe as the test subject but I'm sure they will pick up a little HP. The best part is as your modification path advances these throttle bodies are only going to make more and more power.

Eric

·
Registered
734 Posts
Still seems pricey. Many places port throttle bodies for around $150-$250 each.

·
Premium Member
6,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
These are exponentially more expense to port that what you are stating. Go look into it for yourself... I think you will be shocked at what machine shops come back with.

Also keep in mind we are not taking a hand held grinder to these TB's and just opening them up. This is done using CNC machine porting.

Eric

·
Registered
410 Posts
This is an awesome product!!! But we need you to go ahead an release a matching intake manifold!!
BTW 1200 dollars! ouch..

·
Registered
778 Posts
This is an awesome product!!! But we need you to go ahead an release a matching intake manifold!!
BTW 1200 dollars! ouch..
+ 1

·
Premium Member
6,565 Posts
Intake manifold is in the works! We even have a couple of prototypes running on some cars in the shop right now.

Regarding the cost, again these are very expensive to machine. When researching this we wondered why companies were charging $1500 for this service. After looking into the actual machining behind them and the costs we now understood why they were so much more expensive than other throttle bodies. Even so we are one of if not the lowest priced pieces on the market and for those making big power $1200 for 25+ wheel horsepower is a pretty good price.

Eric

·
O_o
1,657 Posts
In for stock turbo results

·
Fast GT-R
3,129 Posts
Do we need to port match the stock intake plenum? I'm guessing that we need to since the throttle body is bigger. How is the drivability? Is it like the stock? Let us know, Eric.

·
Premium Member
6,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
You do not need to port match the intake manifold as the opening is already larger than the stock TB. Drivability is just like stock!

Eric

·
Fast GT-R
3,129 Posts
You do not need to port match the intake manifold as the opening is already larger than the stock TB. Drivability is just like stock!

Eric

·
Fast GT-R
3,129 Posts
this will be a good addition to maxed out stock turbo.....TBody ,intake and exhaust manifold porting(not only power but better response)
Not that I'm saying the bigger throttle body is bad for the stock turbo, I am not sure this mod would do much to justfy the cost on the stock turbo. The stock turbo already has so much limitation itself. At that point, I would just upgrade the turbo. Too much investment before getting into exhaust manifold porting.

This will be better for bigger turbo apps.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts