Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
62 Posts
Hi All,

I'm rather new to the GTR community, but jumped on a chance to purchase an Alpha 9+ car from a local professional race car driver. I've had a perpetual smile on my face for the past few months and have been slowly making needed cosmetic improvements to the car; one of which included swapping out the Revozport carbon fiber duckbill trunk for the AMS carbon fiber duckbill. There technically wasn't anything wrong with the Revozport trunk. It fit perfectly and looked great, but the clear coat had developed some inconsistencies that needed addressing. Rather than send the trunk to a professional for refinishing, I started looking into the AMS carbon fiber lineup. After extensively researching their carbon, I pulled the trigger on a brand new AMS duckbill trunk ( 2x2 non-V weave in gloss).

Fast forward a couple of weeks later, and the most immaculate piece of carbon fiber I've ever seen arrives at my door. Forget the dozens of other carbon fiber brands you know. This deck lid is the highest quality piece of carbon I've ever seen. For lack of a better description, the weave almost looks 3D. It literally pops out at you! Installation took minutes with the help of a friend and fitment was absolutely spot on. No shimming necessary, although I suppose every car is unique. I've attached a few pictures of my Revozsport and the new AMS duckbill. The pictures unfortunately will not do enough justice to the difference in quality. I'm certainly not bashing the Revozport trunk. I think it's a nice piece for the price. But I'm hard pressed to say you'll find a higher quality piece of carbon for the GTR than you will with AMS! I also have an AMS hood on its way. If the trunk is any representation of what the hood will be like, I'll be incredibly happy.

Revozport Rear:

AMS Rear:

Revozport Inner:

AMS Inner:

Revozport Back:

AMS Back/Side:

· Registered
311 Posts
Very nice!

· Registered
1,306 Posts
I recently purchased gidi AMS Carbon trunk from his blue gtr and I can't be happier with it. Great piece

Omar PadrinoGTR

· Registered
1,228 Posts
Do they come with the trunk release inside. So my kids can get out? LOL

· Registered
461 Posts
OP do you have more pictures of your car? I have a black GTR and wondering how the AMS duckbill looks on the car from a full view... I'd like to see the flow. Thank you!

· Registered
62 Posts
OP do you have more pictures of your car? I have a black GTR and wondering how the AMS duckbill looks on the car from a full view... I'd like to see the flow. Thank you!
Sorry for the late reply. Yeah, I've got a few floating around. Let me dig them up and I'll post them. Otherwise, send me a PM with your number. I can text a few over to you. Trust me, you'll love it!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.